Used 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Love my LS

BigKLB, 06/17/2003

This is, to date, the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned many, many cars. I think it is a great value for the money. I have had no problems with this car at all. I am 6'2" and have plenty of head and leg room. The style and mechanics are right on the mark for me

excellant car

BK, 03/13/2002

fun to drive, plenty of room

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo LS

montewithproblems, 01/01/2009

I bought my Monte Carlo used with 98000 miles. Granted it wasn't new, since I have owned it I have had many problems. Heater blower motor and resistor went, ball joint, thermostat, transmission is starting to hestitate, power mirrors only work when they want to, and now the car is leaking antifreeze. I was told by my mechanic that the head gasket is going. I have only put 10000 miles on it. I would worn others to be cautious buying a used one with higher miles. The seats are uncomfortable. The car does look great though and does turn heads. Just wish it was more reliable. This is probably my last Chevy!

Its an ok car

mellowc, 04/06/2010

Looks unique, but has no guts in it. The 3.4 L model will get you from a to b, but this engine will certainly not win you any races. Nice front seat, but cheap parts have cost me some money. Engine also blew a head gasket, which this engine is known to do; $700. I was looking for a car with some get up and go, this is not it. Its an ok car, but leaves you wanting more.

Excellent car, sorry to see it go

IL Monte, 02/03/2010

An incredibly reliable and safe car. I had my 2000 LS until it was totaled in an accident with a semi, but I walked away unharmed. Sorry to see it go, but it kept me safe. In 9 years of ownership, my only real problem was one fouled injector. Another issue but much more minor was having to replace the passenger side power window switch two or three times. Other than that, two new sets of tires and two new sets of brakes due to regular mileage, and no complaints. Regular oil changes, regular maintenance, change the fluids regularly, voluntarily swapped out plugs and voluntary tune-ups. Take care of this car and it will take care of you. Sorry they don't make Montes anymore.

12345...10