Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

Passenger Airbag Problems

foresterjoe, 08/26/2013

My wife and I bought this car two years ago with only 21k on it. Drove it and loved it initially, then the car started to have issues. Since we have owned it (now over 2 years), we have had it in the shop 6 times; 5 of those dealing with the passenger air bag system and 1 to replace the final drive in the transmission. 3 out of the 5 times have been for the wiring harness/connectors. We just had it in last month for the airbag and guess what, yesterday we had the light come back on. Poor design that GM won't recognize as being a major problem. Thank goodness for extended warranty, but still costs us $100 a pop for deductible. Won't buy another GM car again. That's for sure!

2010 Malibu LTZ

CMD, 05/30/2010

This has been an excellent vehicle. For the price, the LTZ model is unbeatable in the luxuries it offers. Heated seats are great for the winter. For a four cylinder, the performance is excellent, it feels like it could be a V6. Handles just as well as my Saab. I am currently averaging more than 29 miles per gallon (about 24-25 city, 32-33 highway). It really looks like GM has improved their quality, no problems thus far. I am now back to buying American cars.

Elegant and reliable

Azury Florio, 05/27/2016
LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The best design among Malibus

130K Miles and still running strong

Chepnih, 01/04/2017
LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. I have owned this car for 6 years. Regular maintenance is all it needs. Engine and Transmission still in great shape. A lot more reliable than accord that I used to own. My only issue is with the headlights. You need to spend an hour of labor to change just the bulb. But after watching a few youtube videos, I changed the last one myself.

Love it

CalgarySL, 11/12/2009

I got 1LT Mocha Steel Metallic 2010 model and already have 3000 Kms on it. Ride is so smooth. Unfortunately, an someone rear ended it, but very little damage. Car is in body shop now.

12345...21