Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Malibu for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great value, beautiful car, but still has "GM-ness"

nick7302, 01/06/2011

We bought our Malibu in August of 2010. It is January 2011 now and we've already got near 12k miles. LTZ is very sharp looking, the features are great, and a strong value for the dollar. Still, not perfect: Gas mileage is rated 22/33--we average 24-26 on mostly rural and secondary/suburban roads, which is less than I'd expect. We did have the airbag light come on around 9k miles and we had to take it in to the dealer to have a sensor replaced. There are other signs of old GM here...if you press the overhead light or sunroof buttons the headliner flexes quite a bit. Rubber trim around sunroof looks sloppy. Transmission hunts and engine can be buzzy during warm up.

Disappointed

John, 04/28/2019
LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car New for about 5 years now. It's at 100,000miles now and I've had to fix it many many times. First the alarm broke, I had to fix that. Then my battery broke twice which I also had to buy. Then the starter gave out, I replaced that. Then the water pump. Then the Purge system, now my radiator is busted. I have taken very good care of the car, using the right fuel, changing the oil frequently, putting Preston etc etc. This car is nothing but problems, for the price, Not worth it. Worst car I've had, it's a shame I won't be buying a Chevy vehicle ever again.