Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Undecided
By Rebecca

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I liked my Malibu, the interior was nice, roomy, and comfortable. The engine was built poorly, about a year after I had it, I had to fix an oil leak, my head gasket caught on fire, water pump broke, replaced roters, fix electrical wiring, fix gas pedal (sticking), idled high, very poor on gas, and made a clinking noise. Although with all my problems if the engine was built better I would buy another. I got into a really bad car accident and totaled the body work on the car. My engine, a passanger, and I came out with out a scratch. As for saftey this car is most reliable, as for engine wise, junk!

My Malibu
By Heather

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

Great Car!! The best car that I have owned. V6 is peppy and also gets good gas mileage. It is very comfortable.

Comfy seating, great steering, awsome acceleration!!

Placement of radio controls on steering wheel would be nice.

No real problems
By Like my car

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

The car is roomy, and reasonably comfortable. I have not had the problems like I have read about but I have had the 1&2 setting on blower switch go out. The car feels solid and has plenty of get up and go for merging into traffic. I would like headlights that I could shut off if I wanted to, but really it automatic lights are a better idea so I don't have to remember. Car has 64000 miles and the water light came on. Took it to shop and they replaced a gasket. It was under warranty so it dod not cost much. The interior seems chintzy. Cheap pastic buttons and switches, but at least it is reliable.

Great a/c.

Better quality switches and other plastic parts.

Never buying a Chevrolet AGAIN!
By WantinANewCarNOW

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

This was my 1st car. I got it as a college graduation gift. I saw it on the lot and test drove it and fell in love with it (think it was the sunroof and the cheesy woodgrain). A year later, I wish I would have left it there! It's been problem after problem! At first, it was the brakes. Then it was the hazard/signal lights which have their own mind. Now, it's the intake gasket problem that is going to cost a MIN of $1000! And the value of the car has went down tremendously. I am seriously about to trade this car in for an Acura RSX or a Honda Accord or something--- anything but a Chevrolet!

Sunroof, leather seats, power seats, power windows

Deceptively Good
By auroura

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

When I first looked at the Malibu it seemed that it was a great deal for a fairly reliable car. Unfortuneatly, I didn't research it very well ahead of time. Since purchasing the car I have had 2 MAJOR problems. I have had the fuel manifold leak engine fluid into my oilpan and was unable to get the problem diagnosed properly until I suggested that the problem might be the manifold, and I have a big electrical problem where my turn signal somehow got crossed with my CD player and brake electronics. It was very strange because when I would put on my brakes, my turn signal would start up, or if it was already on, would skip of few blinks. Overall, be careful and make sure you get a warranty.

- Low Cost - Fuel Efficient

- Interior's design - Electrical system (still have cd problems even after service) - Transmission (sometimes skips gears even with auto) - Overall feel (more stiff and bumpy ride, not very enjoyable)