Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 286 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Johnny's Imp
By John Bracero

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 06, it had 20k miles. 32mph on long highway runs,20mph in the city. Very reliable,roomy and comfortable. would reccomend in a heart beat.

johnny's chevy imp
By John Bracero

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

its size deceptive. great family hauler.

Great car
By Lori

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 04 Impala 2 years ago and i loved i just sold it today to help out a family member and it broke my heart. The only complaint is the headlights...i bought brand new ones off of amazon they made a big difference...but when i would turn the brights on if it didn't click all the way id be driving and the sudden the lights shut off! Living in the country with no street lights and a lot of curves that was very scary...i never had them checked i just made sure i pushed hard and kept my hand near the switch. Other than that i loved it even with high miles it still ran like a champ

3rd owner 182k miles
By Tony Bretto

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for 700... These are very good cars, people ain't they are bad either don't take care of them right, abuse them or they got a lemon. This Impala is definitely not a lemon... With 182k miles l and rising, the engine runs very good has a nice mean sound to it, I test drove other Impalas they didn't sound like this one.. It has decent pick up, wish they gave the base model little more power slightly heavier than most sedans. Haven't had any serious problems yet no check engine lights. Nothing. I've floored this car about 8 times since i got it, nothing has gone wrong. At 182k miles. So people who see this, MILES DON'T ALWAYS MATTER. If u think this car doesn't have enough pickup change you're plugs and wires, oil filter, air filter. Your engine has a lot to do with your performance (of course)

"Found On Road Dead" was meant for Chevy, not Ford
By Sierra

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Impala with just over 100,000 miles. This was a 1 owner car at purchase & I am the second owner. In the beginning this car I felt like I was getting a great deal and a great car all in one. WRONG! If I could give this 0 stars all across the board, I would. I've owned this car less than a year, and am on my SECOND transmission. That's just the start. This year is notorious for a hard shift & a whole lot of jerking when shifting. I've taken the car to multiple shops only to be told there's nothing to fix that problem. Anytime I take off, the car wants to do a burn out after first hesitating to go. As I reach 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, you can expect a kick from the transmission EVERY SINGLE TIME. As I said, 2nd transmission, still does the jerk & hard shift just as the 1st one did. This is a very common issue & one that should've been recalled and taken care of. The body isn't too bad until it starts rusting all over the place all of the sudden, rust here, there, and everywhere all within a month. Went from a great body to a rust bucket quickly. If that's not enough already, each time I put gas in the car doesn't want to start (also a common issue). Don't let me forget that when I push the TRUNK button, the ALARM sounds & the DOORS LOCK. Window motors have gone out 3 times all within the 1 yeah of ownership. Chevrolet has done nothing about any of these problems not only for me but for mostly anyone that has had this model & year. To say the least, I'd buy a bicycle before I would EVER own another Chevrolet. They've lost a customer for life on this one.