Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 214 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Chevy 3.8 3800 series engine
By Alan Cooper

Miles vs. Upgrades vs. repairs

Terrible intake design
By Dennis gemberling

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is very spacy and conforable but the repair is ridiculous. They made the entire intake out of plastic which results in loss of power and a hissing noise. My car wont rev up past 3k rpms and will not make it up a hill. The chevy dealership wont issue a recall on there poorly designed intake which thousands of people have problems with. Because they know they messed that up and they would lose a ton of money fixing there mistake by issuing a recall. My recommendation is never buy a chevy. They wont take credit for their poor design. I am very frusterated with them and am so sick of putting money into it to try and fix it

Best car ever!
By M Martinez

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is a reliable, safe, and overall a great car at a reasonable cost. Thanks Chevy! If you want a great car at a great price, the Impala is the best car ever! We bought our car new in 2003 and we still love it. It worked great and were very sad when we parted with it. We hope to buy another soon!

Crappy chevy
By Derrick wilson

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is horrible. Brought this car in 2008 & it been hell ever since. The transmission went out 2 times since I've had it. Overheats every summer bad brakes constantly needs oil changes cost to much to keep maintance up. Brought brakes brand new & there already squeaky traction light pop up anti lock light popped up check engine light has been checked 4 times headlights are fogged out. At 40 miles this car seems like it's going 20. I'm just very let down about this car. Like I said the transmission has gone out twice.

Got Chevy!
By richard

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 Chevy Impala which was my company car. I was able to purchase it after the lease ended. It was well maintained per company policy. It had high mileage due to my driving it for business. Because it had no real issues I felt it would be a good buy in 2006 with 72500 miles on it. I have not been disappointed. Its real value is it is paid for. Now that I am retired it is used as a second car. I put on a few thousand miles a year just doing local trips to the store etc. Hope to keep it for many more years. It is the best american car I have owned. Still a good value at 123,000 miles. Had to get a new muffler last year but that was all. Change oil on schedule. Have a good repair shop who is independent and knowledgeable. Prices are reasonable for repairs. Here it is 2017 and I still like my Chevy Impala. I am over 70 and use it for local drives to the store and gym and of course Doctors. It is reliable and paid for.