Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 215 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Sad to say goodbye to Marjorie
By Doogie

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2013 and it had 72,000 miles on it. It's a grandma car, like a car for old ladies, so I named her Marjorie. She now has 112,000 miles on her, and she's still going strong at 15 years old. The only thing I've done to it since I bought it is oil changes, and recently new tires and a new battery. That's it, in five years. It has the most comfortable ride of any car I've ever owned. And even though my friends make fun of me for driving an old lady car, I love this car. She was almost totaled a few years back when a deer jumped into her, but me and my dog were both fine and the repair shop made her like new again. If I'd been in a smaller car I might have been killed in that accident, but not in Marjorie... she's a sturdy old gal. I'm sad to see her go, but it's time for me to get something new. I'm sure she'll go another 100,000 miles. I'll probably cry when I see someone else drive away in my Marjorie...

Chevy 3.8 3800 series engine
By Alan Cooper

Miles vs. Upgrades vs. repairs

Terrible intake design
By Dennis gemberling

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is very spacy and conforable but the repair is ridiculous. They made the entire intake out of plastic which results in loss of power and a hissing noise. My car wont rev up past 3k rpms and will not make it up a hill. The chevy dealership wont issue a recall on there poorly designed intake which thousands of people have problems with. Because they know they messed that up and they would lose a ton of money fixing there mistake by issuing a recall. My recommendation is never buy a chevy. They wont take credit for their poor design. I am very frusterated with them and am so sick of putting money into it to try and fix it

Best car ever!
By M Martinez

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is a reliable, safe, and overall a great car at a reasonable cost. Thanks Chevy! If you want a great car at a great price, the Impala is the best car ever! We bought our car new in 2003 and we still love it. It worked great and were very sad when we parted with it. We hope to buy another soon!

Crappy chevy
By Derrick wilson

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is horrible. Brought this car in 2008 & it been hell ever since. The transmission went out 2 times since I've had it. Overheats every summer bad brakes constantly needs oil changes cost to much to keep maintance up. Brought brakes brand new & there already squeaky traction light pop up anti lock light popped up check engine light has been checked 4 times headlights are fogged out. At 40 miles this car seems like it's going 20. I'm just very let down about this car. Like I said the transmission has gone out twice.