Used 2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

Awful

gdb85, 02/22/2015
4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I think I was particularly unlucky with the car I got, but this was the worst car I ever owned. In the 7 years I had it, I spent over $4,000 on major repairs, most of which came in the course of one year. By the end, it had rusted so badly that the fuel filter was rusted in place and mechanics couldn't put it on a lift because underside components were so corroded that they crushed. I didn't feel like I could leave town. The turn signal worked only intermittently for the last six months I owned it. I was so tired of dumping money into it that I just stopped making repairs.

survived a tornado and my high school years

Cole Stewart, 12/05/2017
4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best car i have ever known! Always been a truck guy but i bought my 2002 Impala after my Mom drove it through a tornado. My Mom and the car survived and Insurance bought my mom a new car. I ended up buying the Impala from her pretty cheaply and drove it for 2 years with no maintenance. I never changed the oil or anything because I thought the car couldn't last. After 2 years I used it as a project car for a shop class and just tuned it up. I never spent more than $500 on the car all 6 years I drove it. I rolled it several times, drifted it, ramped it, went off roading, and wrecked it often. To this day I still have the car and besides some minor dents and dings its held up and it still runs. I even nose dived it off a jump down into the middle of the road, shot the power steering pump out the front end, rigged it back in place and hooked the hose back up, and kept driving without a problem. I have always been a Ford Truck guy but because of that car I will always go to Chevy for cars. My cousin even bought an Impala for his first car because he loved how well mine held up and hes had no complaints after 4 years. I got my Impala with 160K miles and it now has well over 200K still hammers down.

Test Drove them all , Impala won!

sammy(alias mario), 08/13/2002
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I when to buy my next car I researched the internet extensively and test drove just about all the cometitors (Accord, Camry,Passat, Intrigue, Altima, Avalon, Sable, Intrepid). The Impala won my wife and my votes for comfort , power, handling , features and room to spare. Plus it has 87% U.S./Canadian parts content. Not to mention 5 star frontal and 4 star side impact ratings.

like a dream... with a nightmare

kaytebug22, 08/20/2012
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

the passlock security system on this car has caused me nothing but trouble!! while edmunds review refers to the "float" like handling of this car as a bad thing, it's one of my favorite features. i love the way my impala rides! and i travel across the country for a 900 mile each direction trip 1-2 times per year and a few 300 mile ea way trips too... and its a comfortable a ride over any other vehicle i have traveled in.

Cheverolet Impala 3.8L Police Package

mckessa, 03/29/2012
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala new at a Toronto dealership. I found the car to have good exceleration and handling. The 3.8L is bullet proof with over 360,000 klm on the original engine. The transmission has been flawless. The only issues I have had was with the computer which crashed right after the warranty expired. This was a $1000 repair. The wipers would not go into the park position, repaired several times. Most recently the gas gage went screwy and the turn signal shorts out on damp days. All in all an above average car that really doesn't owe me anything.

12345...32