2018 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Still not caught up with the imports
By Bari Krisinger

2018 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got a brand new one as a rental in Nashville. The car seems to handle well with plenty of reserve torque in passing situations and no hesitation when one stomps on the gas. Really impressed with the trunk capacity of this sedan. It held two huge suitcases and some smaller bags. One small item really bothered me...the backup camera. It was so fuzzy and pixelated, as to be almost dangerous to use. I ended up bypassing it and going old school by craning my neck. Interior is not noticeably cheap and the seats were fairly comfortable. The dash, especially at night in my opinion had a cheap toy look, blue readouts on black that didn’t seem especially organized if not outright confusing. For the limited amount of driving I did, I managed to go though a tank and a half of fuel. Not sure of the tank capacity, but consumption seemed rather high. Otherwise it is more than adequate as a small inexpensive sedan.

Crusin' in the Cruze
By Brian Young

2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a very satisfying car to drive. Since it is an LT is doesn't have the larger wheels and lower profile tires of the Premier model resulting in a very quiet and smooth ride. Handling is still very good with great steering and good directional stability. We are a retired couple and don't get too excited about all the electronics available on these newer cars, however blind spot warning and rear park assist would be nice to have (and are available on Cruze but ours doesn't have them). We are averaging over 40 mpg with mostly highway driving. The back seat room is fine and trunk space very good. We have experienced no problems of any kind after more than 5000 miles of driving.

Highway hero
By Marie

2018 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent car for highway driving. Great fuel efficiency. Handles perfectly.

Perfect car for daily driving
By Zach fewell

2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has plenty of power for highway cruising and passing along with great tech, my only problem I had with the car is the auto start stop feature will work sometimes but overall great car

Pros of Auto-start
By Mimi1205

2018 Chevrolet Cruze L 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I’ve had this car for 6 weeks. Previously I drove a 2008 Hyundai Elantra manual. This is an automatic. I’m slowly getting used to not having control over shifting thus the transmission rating for me personally. Unlike most others I like the auto-stop feature, so my review is mostly about that. It’s not as jerky as some have written. It doesn’t engage when you’re turning corners—you need to be at a full stop and it engages after a few seconds, only if the cabin temperature is sensed to be as cool as your setting. If you change any setting at all the engine re-engages. It also does this if the temperature rises, but always in less than two minutes so it doesn’t drain the auxiliary battery. The auxiliary battery and starter are under the trunk liner—it doesn’t use the main ones. It’s not loud. It starts up instantaneously. My average speed over 6 weeks is 21 mph and I’m getting 28.2 mpg, all local city driving, not highway. A lot of people don’t like this feature, but I encourage those on the fence to try it out for a few days as a rental or loaner from your dealer. Another feature I love—although I have a base model I somehow scored a seven speaker sound system instead of the four. My Elantra was a “sport” model. This rides smoother, is quieter, more solidly built, and handles as well as the Elantra. It has great acceleration—no problem scooting over and passing at all. It has more inside room than I thought it would. Three boys in boosters fit in the rear seat. The inside trim isn’t high quality, but I don’t cause a lot of wear and tear there. I have Arctic Blue Metallic and I love the color. The exterior design is more attractive than the Focus, Accent, or Fortè. All in all I’m extremely happy with the 2018 Cruze. I’m leasing mine and with zero down—truly zero—and $2500 trade in I will have paid $5832 cash out of pocket over 36 months at 10,000 miles per year. $8332 including my trade.