Used 2017 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

Used Cruze for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Pleasantly surprised!

Scott in Illinois, 06/07/2017
Premier 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my GM Certified Pre-Owned 2017 Cruze Premier with only 15k miles on it. I went with the intention of buying a Malibu, but after driving the Cruze I was so pleasantly surprised, I bought it instead of the Malibu. I have only put on a little over 1000 miles in the few weeks I've owned it, but it has not disappointed. I drive 100+ miles round trip 2-3 days per week for work, through moderate rush hour traffic (so no using cruise control, and some slow downs and stop-and-go traffic), and the seat comfort and ride quality have been great. I wish in the Premier at least there was adjustable lumbar support, but the seats are plenty comfortable anyway, so no big deal. The Bluetooth, Android Auto, SiriusXM, voice recognition, etc, all work flawlessly without any hiccups. Climate controls are simple to use. Performance wise, I'm not sure what the deal is with Edmund's review. Most other review sites put the 0-60 around 8.0 seconds, some even under 8.0 seconds. I would agree with those test results. The 1.4L turbo has plenty of pep. Merging and passing on the freeway is easy. Plenty of instant torque down low in the RPM's. I had driven a 2016 2.0L Mazda 3i before buying the Cruze, and in daily driving, the Cruze is way more peppy. The Mazda had to get the revs up before it had any power. Gas mileage for me has been a little over 33 combined, based on miles divided by gallons @ fill ups. The trip computer says about 35 combined, I've had it read as high as 42 in highway driving. My driving is about 50/50 highway/city. But my highway driving often includes some rush-hour traffic, so it isn't pure highway cruising. I agree that the engine start-stop feature should have a turn-off. But if I'm in traffic and I don't want it to stop, I simply shift down from D into L, which disables the auto-stop feature. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the my purchase. We'll see how long-term reliability is, but so far I'm pleased with every other aspect of the car. Update at 33k miles: Still completely satisfied with this car. Zero problems or repairs. I think I like the car better now than when I bought it.

Just bought a new 2017 Chevy Cruze LT

William Shawns, 12/09/2016
LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After being in a 2004 Toyota Corolla I took a leap of faith and went with a 2017 Chevy Cruze. I am very happy with my choice. I think the engine is peppy and has good acceleration. I don't understand why there are a few pro blogs and reviews that this engine is not strong enough. I test drove a few other cars like the new Civic, new 2016 Corolla, and an Elantra... This 1.4 Turbo engine deigned by GM is more than fine. Especially for an entry level price point. I am tall 6'3" and I weight 275... Yet I fit perfectly. I think this car is an excellent choice and I am glad I took it over the other competitors.

70 year old great granny with a 2017 Premier Rally

Annie, 12/13/2016
Premier 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am really having a ball driving this car as I have been very conservative with previous rides - been driving Chevrolet products exclusively since my first 1972 Chevette. The only 2 problems I find with the car is the rear/side visibility when merging into traffic. I am only 5' tall and look around as best I can, cross my fingers and go for it. So far, so good. I also find the vehicle lacking in electronic connections. Despite my age I am a techie and have several items to plug in - dash cam, laptop, etc., and the car just doesn't have the capacity to utilize all I'd like to.

Love this car

Mike, 02/16/2017
LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Admittedly, this is my first new car so I may be biased. I previously drove a manual 02 Golf. The standard backup camera is amazing (first time having one) and the screen is huge. I use Apple CarPlay regularly. I was a bit worried about the auto stop/start as it has been listed as a con of this car. Honestly, I've never been in the situation that it does not start by the time my foot is on the gas. It starts so quickly that I don't even notice it; I would list this feature as a pro and not a con. It's a very smooth ride. Acceleration is decent but when the turbo kicks it feels pretty fast (compared to my golf). Not sure of fuel economy yet. I did see that at one point it listed 39 mpg as the best I've gotten but I hear you need to let it break in before getting accurate readings. Love the cargo space (as does my dog) and I actually keep the seats down most of the time with a blanket in the back. I really love the interior; feels pretty luxurious for a car of this price but again, I'm coming from an 02 Golf. The only con is that it feels a bit top heavy around turns compared to the Golf. I see that Chevy has a new suspension kit to make it a little bit stiffer; I might install that soon. Having a button for an ignition took some getting used to (convenience package) but now I'm a fan.

2017 LT hatchback

Tom Bradder, 11/14/2016
LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Highlights: I drive pot hole infested roads up a mountain to work and the suspension soaks up the craters and cracks like a champ. Transmission is unexpectedly smooth as well. I also like the diesel-like throttle mapping, as it allows you to drive very smoothly and efficiently. But if you need to speed up in a hurry, you feel that turbo kick in with a lot less lag time than other diesels I've driven. The cabin is very well muted for its class. The amount of technology you get for the price is also impressive. I have the convienence package as well. The steering has a nice balance of responsiveness and road feel. I would have expected something a lot more numb feeling and sloppy. The rear legroom, though I don't have passengers often, is FAR larger than expected. Tall people can sit in the backseat even with the front seats pushed back. Cons: None. This car feels like a great value and seems to punch above its weight in terms of its luxury-like smoothness and solid feel.

12345...17