Used 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

2013 ChevyCruze Check Engine Light Cat Converter
By Jody Sherwin

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My duaghter's 2013 Chevy Cruze was in the Dealer twice for Check Engine Light, where one was a Vacuum Line (p0171) was Bad & replaced, then 1 1/2 day later it came back on (p0420) and took back into the Dealer again. This time to be told that it was not under warranty and even though there was a recall (16186, which has same year, make, & model) that the vin was not part of the recall, so cost would be $966 for repairs to replace the converter. When I had asked to see the car on a hoist to show me where it was bad, was told by Bryan in Feldman Chevy of Livonia, MI that there was no way to tell. So for a car that we only owned for less than 6-months, which the vehicle is less than 5yrs old, that now had to be brought into the dealership twice for Check Engine Light and now needs a Catalytic Converter, but no way to show you that it was bad, even though was listed in a Recall, but just so happens it cannot be repaired...I call BS on that! I will never be buying anymore vehicles thru them, which is a shame since all of my family does and they have had issues as well...guess it's time for a KIA!!

Love my Cruze!
By Ms. J

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having a car that was non-drivable, I traded it in for a shiny, red Cruze. I literally handed the dealer my old keys, stated my issues, told them I wanted a Cruze and to tell me when I could sign. I didn't test drive the car first, and had my heart set on the silver option. When I showed up to sign the papers, the car was a bright red... And perfect for me! I LOVE my Cruze! It is comfy, roomy, easy to maneuver. The trunk has the perfect amount of space for my kids and I, and my business. I was a surrogate and pregnant with twins and was also able to get in and out of the car just fine during the entire pregnancy. It is fantastic and easy to maintain!

Unreliable
By Jen

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We had a horrible experience with our 2013 Cruz was in the garage 11 times in the first two years problems associated with the power train turbo went twice! We couldn't wait to get out of this car! They don't hold their value at all took a big hit when went to trade it in! I was told these are like throw away vehicles and I believe it. If you're looking for something reliable and to hold its value I'd keep looking. The only plus was the technology but reliability and dependability much more important and we didn't get that!

POS
By Aaron

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife has had her Cruze for 3 years now. We got it used with 50k on it. At first we loved the car but now it has become the worst car we have ever had. First we had to put a new coil pack on it then the intake manifold broke. Then we had to replace the pvc valve and valve cover. Then another coil pack and now the intake manifold has broke again at 105k. Nothing but a money pit. I have always owned GM cars but I have been really let down with this one. I would not recommend this [non-permissible content removed] to anyone.

Pure junk
By A

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Resale value is poor..service at dealership is poor ..be prepared to spend alot of time at dealership for recalls and repairs. Expect the runaround from service men..good luck ever trading it in..expect .antifreeze leaks ..non stop traction control issues.steering malfunctions. reptative smog sensor issues .worst part is non of it will be covered by the powertrain warranty when u need it fixed ..good luck if u buy one ..