Used 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Hot 96 LT4
By Rick

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Recently purchased a '96 LT4. 78K miles, 6 speed. Only problems are CD player doesn't work (tape player does), and the driver's seat is apart at the seam. Got it at a great price. I can't believe this engine is rated at only 330 HP! It moves like it has 360 or 370! Shifts great. Body and paint are very good. It sticks to the road like it has glue on the tires. It's a fun car to drive. These later C4's, ('92 thru '96) are a bargain!

polo lt4
By LT4 Owner

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought this Vett May 2014 from a private party for a decent price. I knew nothing about this car but had to have it when I saw it. I previously owned an 04 coupe but sold it and wished I hadn't . Even though the car is a step down from my 04 I was really surprised at the performance . It has great pick up and is a solid car that I feel safe in. It took a while getting used to getting into, but there is a certain way to get into them. It is Polo Green Metallic and I have to say the color has grown on me, and is rich looking .The color changes in different light and at times can look black in low light. It is a smooth ride, and shifting is easy . It is an Lt4 and when you step on it , it goes! a previous owner put Magna flow exhaust on which sounds beefy without being too much. The seats are leather and still in good condition at 111,200 miles. It still looks stylish, and I have gotten many compliments on it. I have replaced tires, several leaks in the transmission, and other leaks. I have to remind myself it is an old car and those things wear out . If you get a chance to buy one you should, I have never regretted buying it and I don't see myself selling it.

Love C4s
By Misa Clyde

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have had many vettes through the years. C4s are my favorite. I like the body shape, and my 96 , nineteen yrs old, and never had a problem I did have to change the battery a few times, but thats it.
Love the car.

the shape is beautiful

none

Not So Spectacular
By corvettefever96

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought this Corvette in 2004. It only had 38,000 miles on it at the time. I drive it about 4,000 miles a year. Honestly, it's a very pretty car... I have people tell me all the time how beautiful it is. But... I don't think it's a very reliable vehicle. I've had the water pump replaced, transmission had a leak that got fixed. Now, I noticed that my oil pan gasket is leaking. Really, I don't think the vehicle is reliable. You would think that because it's a "Corvette", it was built good. I don't think it was.

Nice Paint job

Where do I start? They need to use better parts when they build the vehicle.

Smile per mile
By 96Torpedo

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Over the years I've owned a 72 Corvette Convertible, and a 88 Corvette coupe. I purchases my 96 in June of 2009 with 31000 miles on it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was coming home with me. I'm 65 years old and this car makes me feel like I'm 25. I'm flexible enough to get in and out with no trouble at all. Looks, power, handling, and most of all, pretty good on gas. I love it. If you're a senior citizen, and want a daily thrill (if you know what I mean), get one and fly into the sunset.

Everything !