2021 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

$25,200

Save as much as $448
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

The Colorado Work Truck Is Elegant Simplicity

Clarence, 11/02/2020
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

In the old days, back when trucks were little more than an engine and seat, we called basic trucks "stripped down" versions. When I teased the salesman that this was stripped down, he self-righteously corrected me that it is a work truck. To GM's credit, and to his, he is right. It is more than just an engine and seat. But still it isn't for everyone. It lacks numerous creature comforts that people have become accustomed to, like power mirrors, power seats, climate control, and it even lacks an Onstar unit. Until now I thought GM put Onstar in everything. But on the brighter side, it has cruise control, air conditioning, and a bluetooth touch screen sound system. It has 2-wheel drive and a 2.5 liter four cylinder engine, which means reduced offroading and payloads. But it's no slouch. It has a six-speed transmission, will still pull 3500 pounds and the four cylinder engine produces 200 hp without a turbo. For those who don't know or don't remember, the antiquated 283 V8 with a single carb produced only 188 hp. Like I said, it's no slouch. And I love the curb appeal. It's a beautiful truck and allows me a lot of dignity. Bottom line, I live alone and share the truck with no one. I don't need electric seats or mirrors because they never move. I don't go offroad and I don't pull trailers. I'm an old retired guy that likes garage sales, and this truck gets my stuff home in style. It's perfect for me and for others like me.

Absolutely Love My Truck!

R. Savoix, 04/03/2021
Z71 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is way more truck than I ever thought it would be. Quality built, Comfort, Ride, Very Powerful V6 Engine with over 300 HP! All the options it has and I haven't found anything I don't like about this truck. When the time comes I would buy another one without having to think about it. Go test drive one and you will see what I mean!

Voice commands really don't work.

pntarp, 03/05/2021
Z71 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If I disconnect my bluetooth phone, then I hit the voice command button, it says I have to connect a phone. There's no choice. Once phone is connected, voice commands go directly to google assistant. If assistant doesn't know what to do then all commands are ignored. For the most part it would try to load up Youtube Music app which would use my phone's data if it was enabled. It's not, so voice commands don't work at all with this truck. This is with the LT model truck. While the truck itself is great, and I needed truck functionality, I find that they have skimped. My previous car is a 2013 Volt, and it would search USB, not my phone, and it was perfect. I can't believe I payed 36k for crap not working like this.

Ad
Build Your Colorado
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 4 Trims
  • $21,300starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

Love this truck

Don Angelo , 01/09/2021
LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Very good truck