2018 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Ditch the diesel
By Rick

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Owned the truck less than 24 hours and the DEF sensors tripped. 18 month of ownership, 18 trips to the dealer. When the system is operating properly this is a great riding /towing package. When the sensors "trip" you have 100 miles until the power is reduced. Dealer has replaced, re-programmed, nothing works long term. Love the truck, will replace with the 3.6 gas engine.

Torque converter problem
By JW

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

12000 miles and experiencing the rumble/vibration issue that seems to be a very common problem with Chevy trucks. Had the transmission flush and then the torque converter replaced under warranty. Still doing the same thing. After research, it seems a lot of people are having this issue. Waiting for a response for GM as dealer doesn't seem to be able to fix.

Worst vehicle I’ve ever owned. Terribly uncomfort.
By Bob Davis

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It has stayed in the shop since week 3 of ownership. Torque converter failure, misfire, and rear main seal.

Could be great if Chevy took of the problem they k
By Sam

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I now have 4000 miles on the truck and it's in the shop to replace/repair the torque converter. I noticed what I thought was an engine miss early on, then thought I was hearing a lot of road noise, seemed like I was always running over ribbed pavement, truck stated vibrating badly when under slow acceleration, problem got worse quickly. There was another person in the shop at the same time with a 2017 Colorado with 12,000 miles with similar issues. The dealer GM said they had the problem with mostly the Silverado, the Silverado loaner they gave me to drive while repairing my truck seems to have the same issue, it had 4 miles on it when I drove it home and I could feel vibration in it already, I'd bet it becomes a problem. This is the first new vehicle of many in my 70 years that I had a problem with. If the problem is fixed and no others occur I'll probably keep the truck, basically like it, any further issues and I'll trade for the Ford Ranger when it comes on sale in the states...had two Rangers and loved them both.

What a disappointment
By Mark

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Drove one for five days and after those 5 days, I could hardly walk. The seats are the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been in. The infotainment system continually dropped the connections and wasn’t at all dependable. This pickup is horrible and anyone that buys one is going to be extremely disappointed. Underpowered, braking was erratic, and the fuel economy wasn’t good. I’m back in my F350 FX4 diesel and damned glad.