Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

great car for a college guy
By spencer

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt the night after my high school graduation, I bought it for $11,988 with 15,389 miles on it. But the night I drove it home, when I hit my very well maintained gravel driveway, I heard a loud thud coming from the steering! Well the dealership replaced both steering shafts but now 17,000 miles later at around 31,500 miles the same shaft need to be replaced! It all was under warranty but now I am worried about it going out at 45,00 miles (not under warranty!) but over all it is a very flashy car, especially with a loud exhaust! (gets the cop's attention). I love the stereo and the interior design! And I am getting 26.5 mpg driving around town and I once pulled 35.6 on a road trip!

remote start, interior, wing, fog lights, and factory pioneer sound system with the sub! love the small back seat (no needy friends ask me for rides)!

better warranty, better factory rims, less rattles.

Pretty Great Car
By Daniel

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The LS build was certainly a fun car to drive. Obviously it's not a sport, so performance is not its focus. The LS is built tight with pretty good suspension. Despite the size of the engine, acceleration was adequate. The interior is clean and easy to follow with no confusion among the cluster gauges. The only thing I regret when I owned the car was that I opted for the basic model. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a higher model with automatic features, because it certainly improves the convenience. The fact that ABS is not standard is disconcerting. I've not owned it a long time, so the Chevrolet rapport is disconcerting. Not too sure if this car will last like a Toyota.

Quiet ride, exceptional a/c, decent sound, great exterior design (the car looks fantastic in white), decent MPG, daytime running lights and battery saving features.

Improved standard features like power windows, keyless entry, ABS, and higher safety. The car is great for basic introductory, but other cars come with more standard equipment. The daytime running lights feature is certainly impressive for a car in the low-end segment.

Great looking rocket!
By Brian

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Just bought my Cobalt Supercharged with 1400 miles on it. Was a demo. The car has been so much fun to drive. Getting 40 + miles per gallon going easy on the highway. The sport red color with the 18 inch chrome wheels is awesome. Other than an occasional minor rattle (might be beacuse it's wintertime), this car is absolutely a must as long as you're not worried about a small backseat or using it for construction projects.I have a 2004 Avalanche that I now can use for carting my gear only. I'm now saving a lot on gas and wear and tear. The bottom line: If you're looking for a fast and fun car to drive, you've got to consider this car! Feels like the old days. Power with no worry of fuel!

5 speed, heated leather seats. Chrome wheels. Pioneer sound system

At this point after driving 3500 miles,as mentioned above, other than a couple of minor rattles,Chevy scored on this one!

Good gas mileage?
By Bob H

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in March of 2007 and currently have just over 20k miles. The selling points of this vehicle were the gas mileage and comfort of the interior (considering it's size). The sticker stated 24 mpg city and around 30 mpg highway. On the highway the car gets the 30 mpg but in the city I'm lucky to get 17mpg. I have a 1999 Subaru Outback with 189K miles that gets better mileage in the city. Very dissapointed. The car its self is pretty reliable. I had it to the dealer 5 times (3 for the same problem). I think the 5 trips to the dealer speaks more for the dealership than the car. Finally, if you get this car step up to the LT model. No power windows or door locks gets tiresome.

Interior comfort and handling.

An overdrive gear might be nice.

Reliable Commuter Car
By Mike O

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt LS 4-door has been a great purchase and a terrific commuter car. I bought the car new for a very good price which included a rebate, dealer discount and GM Card credits. Out the door with a 100K mile warranty set me back $12.8K. The car has 15,000 miles on it and it has not needed any repairs thus far. The car is very reliable and runs flawlessly. I do the maintenance myself, which is very simple. I'm pretty tall and I find the driver seat very comfortable. drive about 60 miles/day, so I'm in the car about 2- 1/2 hrs/day. The car gets >30 mpg and has plenty of pep. The car handles pretty well for a small car.

The seating and driving position is great for me. I like the overall design of the car and the handling is pretty good. Routine maintenance is a breeze.

The trunk opening should be larger.