Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

2007 SS
By Katie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt, but I am worried about it's reliability. My visor broke after I had the car about a year. I have not even had the car 2 years and the top part of my shifter knob just broke off along with the plugs for the chargers no longer working. Also, the emergency break went out. Great that it's still under warranty, but what am I going to do after that?

leather seats, heated seats, cute car, great manual shifting

bigger opening for trunk, stop being cheap on the little parts

Mixed Feelings
By Jessica

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Not sure where to start...had my Cobalt for less than a month when I heard a horrible rattling noise. Took it to the dealership only to find that the windshield had been installed upside down and had to be replaced. Got the car out of the shop. Drove it for two weeks and started hearing a horrible noise in the front end. Two compressors later, and I still hear a 'bug zapper' like sound when I run the heat or the air. Dealership swears that they can't hear it, but everyone else who has ever been in the car has commented on it. The car drives okay, but honestly, has been in the shop way to often for a brand new vehicle. As the owner of both an 07 Cobalt and an 07 Malibu LS, I'm unhappy w/GM!

Body and upholstery are nice. Looks sporty even for a 4 door.

Fix the issue with the heater/AC noise! Everyone I know who has a Cobalt has this problem!! Quality control needs to be looked into. The upside down installation of the windshield could have been dangerous for me and my kids!

Will NEVER own another
By custard-goddess

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I had a 2001 Chevy Cavalier, that had reached 225,000 miles. I thought that the Cobalt would be comparable to the Cavalier boy was I wrong. I love the style of the car very cute inside and out. The features are amazing XM, MP3 jack, remote start, but the quality leaves much to be desired. I have had to fix so much on it in two years broken tail light after two weeks of ownership, squeaky sunroof, loose seat fabric, breaks and rotors replaced(only after 15,000 mi),left control arm, radio buttons stopped working, and BOTH remotes to my car are broken.

I love the look of the car I still think it is incredibly cute. I love all the available features and it drives well. It is a wonderful gas saver I average 29 mpg.

Quality improvement! Is my only suggestion. I feel that it has had way too much wrong with it to only be 2 years old, it has been in the shop far more than the cavalier ever was. I baby my car and treat it like a god and yet it continues to break.

07 Cobalt LS 5sp updated
By ken

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is an update from my 9/13/07 post. This is a great little car. Fuel economy is 34 to 36 on my mostly highway commute at about 60 mph. Got 40 mpg on trip once. Seats are still comfortable. Shifting is not as crisp as when new. Never been back to dealer for any warranty service. Oil change is super easy with the front cartridge filter and oversize filler cap. Tires will need to be replaced before next winter.

Size, fuel economy, great AC and heat, auto lights, good radio, good power. Price: I only paid 10.5K and if gas goes up again this summer as usual it will be worth almost what I paid. Why buy hybrid???

rear disk brakes, alloy wheels, cruise, PDL, PW, should be std even on base models.

Cobalt Fan
By Teen in Iowa

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was the car my parents bought for me. It's a 5 manual but still is fun to drive. I've had no problems with the car. Easy to handle, and quick standard engine. Gets ok gas mileage in city and highway mileage is great. Love the smooth ride.

Like the radio jack for ipod. Nice features for money too. Styling is good and the seats are comfortable

Have keyless entry standard and spoiler standard