Used 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

nothing but trouble

jeb11233234, 05/28/2002

I would highly recommend that you do not buy a cavalier. Maybe the newer models are better but I bought mine, a '95 a year ago and it's worth about $1500 - $1900 because it has 128000 miles on it. The it takes a lot of oil and has leaked antifreeze into the engine. This costs between $800 and $1200 to fix so I plan on maybe selling it to a junkyard for a couple hundred dollars. It has been nothing but a pain in the ass to pay for the upkeep of this car. Get a honda.

95 Chevy Cavalier RF

Rick Frost, 06/03/2002

I was surprised how reliable this car has been considering all the horror stories I've heard about GM cars. Only one major repair in the 7 years I've owned it. The solenoid for the transmission failed at 83,000. The car was still driveable, but would get stuck in overdrive on the highway. Engine would then die upon deceleration. Body and paint are still looking like new. Would consider another Cavalier if crash test performance were better.

Great Car considering its cost:

Steve, 05/06/2010

Ok I've read enough about the negatives of this car. 5/2010 mine is 15 yrs old has 162K miles & other than mostly normal wear/tear/maintenance like oil, tires, anti-freeze, battery, brakes, belts, hoses, trans flush, plugs/wires, fuel filter, light bulbs its a great value for what it cost. I get mpg around 20 city/30 highway. A few "Out of the norm repairs", AC compressor, Rack-n-Pinion steering, power window motors, one wheel bearing, broken side mirror. Honestly other than a few cracks in the plastic trim, worn seat belts & a little hesitation in acceleration from age this has been a joy to own.

It's been a great car for all 7 years...

troy, 07/08/2002

I bought the Z-24 in 1995 when the new design was first introduced. You might notice that the Honda Civic is both more cramped inside and does not provide an adequate arm-rest in the center console. I'm not a short guy, so I highly appreciate the increased space on the inside, especially for all of the long distance cross-country travel I have done. I'd buy another one, but Chevrolet has stopped offering Z-24 models as of this year. This 95 Z-24 in Hawaiian Orchid paint, factory five-star 16" wheels, and added tinted windows has been the perfect college student car, as well as daily commuter and distance travel vehcle for me.

Great Car

SupaFly, 07/23/2002

I bought this car in 1999 (95' Coupe), it's a great car (especially if you are 6'6" like me). It drives nice and gives you a roomy feeling. I am currently looking into getting a 1999 Z24 Cavalier right now because I love the slick design of the Z24's and the extra features they come with.

12345...7