2020 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews

$28,800

Save as much as $2,041
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Best of the Lot

Paul1946, 06/15/2020
RS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We took the time to investigate a number of vehicles in the mid-sized SUV category and bought a new Chevrolet Blazer. First is the fact that the doors are large enough to get in and out of with ease. I am an amputee and 6ft tall. Oddly, the worst in this category is the Toyota Highlander. The doors are far too small. Next, is a quiet interior going down the road. (The Highlander was terrible in this category.) We love the 3.6 L V-6 as it has loads of power for merging onto the freeway and passing. Of course you pay for all this power in lower MPG numbers, however, we are still managing to see 24.5 MPG overall. We don't drive all that much and appreciate the power this engine provides. We got the 2LT model and my wife loves having the HOMELINK garage door opener feature along with all the other nice features in this trim level. The ride is very smooth over rough surfaces we have encountered. This vehicle came nicely equipped and we really are impressed with all the features this SUV has.

Camaro Cousin SUV

PinkDolfin, 11/10/2020
RS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I chuckle while I write this, because it's a little deja-vu-ish. April, 2017 I was looking at mid-size SUVs. I didn't like any of the in-stock vehicles (Mercedes to Kia) enough to pay the asking prices, which most of the dealers were stuck on. So, I somehow ended up with a Camaro SS! That car turned out to be the sweetest daily driver I have ever owned (including the Infiniti coupe I had just come from). Now here we are at 2020. I was looking at SUVs again, as my Camaro had shown me that with all of the SUVs and pickups (especially raised ones), trying to find a time and place to enjoy the Camaro was becoming very challenging. (Race tracks are a little too 'advanced' for my area.) So, tired of being frequently irritated, I decided, "If I can't beat them, join them." Long story short, I "ended up" at the SAME Chevy dealer where I had gotten the Camaro! They had a gob of Blazers that had been sitting on the lot awhile. After driving both a V6 and Turbo 4 Blazer, I was grinning from ear-to-ear, while the fact that the Blazer has basically an improved Camaro interior made me have an instant affinity. So, here's my actual review of the vehicle. I got a V6 RS FWD Blazer with many of the add-ons (I've GOT to have a sunroof and ventilated seats!) including the 21" wheels (meh). This thang is QUICK, even in "touring mode"! But it LUVS that fuel. Even though this 3.0L engine has the auto-off feature, and cylinder deactivation so that it can run as a V4, I am getting slightly WORSE gas mileage than the 6.2L V8 in the Camaro!! I do 90% city driving, which sees me averaging around 14mpg (and 13mph) overall. Fortunately, the rest of the vehicle makes the eyebrow-raising mileage easier to accept. It's VERY comfortable to drive, even with these bigass wheels, and even on our chock-a-block "roads" here. The handling is smile-inducing, and in "sport" mode, the control, feedback, balance, and the (finally!) smooth/decisive 9-spd AT mesh together to almost make me forget I'm in a Chevy SUV. The cargo area is big, and the overall layout and little details make it very usable. The rear seat is going to surprise some folks - lots of legroom, headroom, and sliding/tilting seats mean you can transport everyone without bumped heads and elbowed ribs. And the driver/passenger space is JUST like a Camaro's - with a couple of upgrades, and one goof. Now, the heating/ventilation on the seats retains the last setting, or will automatically adjust the seat temp along with the blower A/C settings. Also, there is an electric lockable (thru the valet setting) glove box. And they added a switch to turn off the engine's auto-off feature. Yes, there are some cons as well. If you get one of the higher trim levels, or order the drivers' assistance packages, there is a learning curve to know how to smoothly operate this vehicle. It seems Chevy has gone the cheap route and mounted the audio 'subwoofers' in the doors (even with the TotL 8-speaker Bose setup). This is great IF you luv a squeaking plastic accompaniment to the bass in your music! Another cost-cutting savings are the cheap, hard plastic surfaces throughout the passenger compartment. IMHO, I think a popular option would be for GM to offer a dash/door padding package. I would order it! I've had to forget about laying my forearm along the window openings. The rest of the plastic surfaces have proven to be dust magnets. One last penny-pinch - the passenger front window does NOT have Express Up. Other than that, the only thumbs-down comes from the placement of the electric parking brake control button. (I'll even take a foot brake over electric!) In the Camaro, the button was right near the tranny shifter. In the Blazer, the button is wayyyy over by the driver's door on the LOWER dash!! Since I can't see the button when I'm ready to go, I still sometimes have to look around for it. Here's my recommendations - FWIW. If you want the Turbo 4, get the 3LT. If you want the V6, get the RS. Those 2 trims will give you most of the goodies that make this an easy, fun vehicle to drive around all the time. I would highly recommend getting whatever trim level is needed to get the 360° HD cameras (unless you live somewhere that has sensibly-sized road lanes and parking spots.) I also recommend getting the "Cargo Management System" (GM dealer add-on) option. It's a clever device that has banished almost all of my complaints about open cargo areas. I turned OFF the "Safety Alert Seat" very quickly! This is a questionable "feature" that vibrates the driver's seat bottom cushion INSTEAD of beeping when ANY of the drivers' assistance warnings go off. The side of the seat that is vibrating is supposed to indicate the direction the 'danger' is coming from. However, my butt hasn't learned directions yet. And, even though I don't need them, I was surprised to find that rain-sensing wipers and a heads-up display (luv'em!) are NOT available at all, and wireless phone charging is only on the Premiere trim.

Blazer RS, Camaro Inspired SUV

George A, 05/28/2020
RS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Love the styling, performance and overall driving experience! The RS package makes for a look that is both aggressive and beautiful at the same time. The interior has the same dash and seat trim as it’s RS cousin. Very happy with the Blazer and would highly recommend it!

Ad
Build Your Blazer
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 6 Trims
  • $28,800starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

Blazer Premier

Tonne Stuff , 02/11/2020
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Excellent driving dynamics and handling. Interior plastics could be improved in certain areas. Infotainment works very well and is intuitive. All in all very good ownership experience.

Mixed feelings

Michael Kane, 04/27/2020
RS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Love the looks and the size of my Blazer. Which the more basic packages offered the preset setting for the drivers seat. It was a large cost added for the preset seating setting that included a bunch of features i did not care about. Did notice i get the flutter affect of air when i go over 50 mph with the windows opens (doesn't go away when you open additional windows). Last, it is hard to see the lift gate light in the daylight. The back up camera and temp controls are awesome. Thank god they put a button is to eliminate the auto engine shut down.