Used 2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible Consumer Reviews

Base 4.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

The most spectular car I have owned
By bruce4ahome

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had 4 Corvette's before this car. When I was looking for something new and fun, Of course I looked at the C6 Vette's but I liked the interior and exterior color combos they both offered. I prefer this color of the infared and Shale color combo over any the Corvette had to offer. Plus this car rides great. With it's weight distribution of 50/50, I have not broken the rear end loose once driving the Ca. Sierra roads. Just a wonderful car. Very much a hear turner everywhere I go.

MY ORIGINAL 2006 XLR-V NOTHING YET BETTER
By Peter Prowalny

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Repairs though very few are expensive. Body parts will be more rare and expensive as the car ages. You will absolutely love it forever.

Brutis
By Paddy

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I've had a few performance parts put on my car and it really makes me smile when I put my foot into it. Dynoede at 465 HP to the ground.

Great Sleeper
By Old Sarge

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I traded a 2005 Honda S2000 for this car - WOW! This is a car that I never believed that an US car company would build, let alone Cadillac. Its handling is up there with the top line BMW and Mercedes. Its gas mileage is 20-22 mpg. This is a very nice ride.

The Northstar motor, a 4.4L, 443hp supercharged, is an example of what US engineers can do if given the chance.

Make the engine more visible - less covered.

Davy's Baby SLR - VVroooom
By david

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is the fastest car I have ever had. It drives extremely smoothly and has great power with a bit of a whine like I have heard on newer airplanes. It drives great, however, I am not a high tech guy and this car is high tech. It take a lot of effort to ot to learn to appreciate everything. It comes with a pre-packaged cell phone and OnStar, which is very cool. This car is sharp. I love the power and am surprised that I haven't been pulled over yet. The high tech features make it attractive to others that haven't seen the digital info projected like 3D over the steering wheel at the front of the car. The radio blares and for a sports car. It has a very smooth ride.

The hum of the engine and the power right out of the gate. Maybe make it faster using the gears instead of automatic. The automatic trunk, up and down as well as the convertible top, which gives the car a different flavor.

This car is very small inside, which doesn't matter for driving, but I would have liked a little space for carrying junk. Sometimes keyless gives a problem and doesn't start right away. The start and lock system needs improvement. Sometimes I don't know if the car locks when I walk away.