Used 2006 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used STS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

No regrets

eracism, 09/15/2010
V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the vehicle with 56,000 miles on it. I drive around 3,000 miles a month. I am 6'6" tall. The car is comfortable and rides great. It is a V6 and has enough power. I am partial to caddy's. My first car was a 1970 sedan deville. I should have purchased the all wheel drive for I live up north and the car is terrible in the snow. I currently have 114,000 miles on it with no problems. i change the oil every 3,000 miles. I am looking forward to reaching 200,000 miles.

Dude. Yes.

Michael Forman, 03/28/2016
V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Finally got my grubby paws on a V8 STS, after a year of searching high and low on the intertubes. Perfect color (black), low miles (50k), prior owner babied her like the creampuff that she is, and great price ($12k). I can only assume that the general snobbiness of the American car buying public keeps prices so affordable for such a monstrous performance car. I say, danke schoen to you, BMW owners. My new beauty's Northstar absolutely GROWLS. So throaty and wonderful. I do hereby solemnly swear that (if I can afford to) I will be a Cadillac owner for the rest of my days on this mortal coil. If you, dear reader, take any advice from all this...it's worth the wait for the V8. Put that on a bumper sticker.

The Good Outweighs the Bad

KSMYSTS, 08/23/2010
V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Cadillac, and my second STS. The new design definitely tops my former Seville STS. It is a very fun car to drive, and has lots of power at any speed, without using Sport/Manual mode. Sure there are things I would change and things that aren't fantastic (like any car), but the good makes those easy to overlook. The styling with traditional Cadillac cues is a win for me, and I love all the bells and whistles - after all, this is a Cadillac. I feel great driving it, a very responsive car - it is difficult to find performance and luxury in the same package, but this is an example of it.

Satisfied Customer

J Scott, 03/09/2007
V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my STS for two months. I read the reviews here before buying it and I am very pleased with my decision to buy the 2006 STS. It is more of a sports car than I expected. The V6 engine has plenty of power for the car. I got it loaded and I am enjoying it very much. I think any complaints you may read here are overblown. You will be glad you bought this car. I just can't comment about the long term reliability because I have only owned it for two months. Its fuel economy has been 23 mpg highway / 14 mpg city.

Cadillac Delivers Excellence, GM does not.

darkmatter, 05/28/2013
V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 3.6L v6 STS fully loaded for $10,000 after my previous Cadillac, a 2000 Deville DHS, was totaled from hail damage. I needed to get a new car quickly, and I had my first Cadillac for so long with no issues; I wanted to stick to the brand. When I first sat in the vehicle the overwhelming number of "intuitive" features was extremely intimidating. Overtime, they grew on me, and the immense customization became a tool from the vehicle to optimize a perfect driving experience. However, with all the great number of features and beautiful styling of the car I found it was easy to overlook the mechanics. One week after I purchased the vehicle, I noticed a "clicking" noise. Continued:

12345...18