Used 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:

Defective products not covered?!*
By dgroenew

2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

We have owned our 2016 Caddi Escalade ESV for about 8 months. It was used w/less than 20k miles on it and still has less than 30k miles. Within the short time frame we've owned it, the info/CUE screen/system blanked out several times, had to take in twice and seems to be fixed now but? When it goes out, of course so does your air. More importantly however the brake pads (on the front end) are defective. Not just worn/general use issues, but pretty much disintegrating and need to be replaced. Since this is considered a 'maintenance' issue, it is not covered under warranty. So a 2 year old vehicle w/less than 30k miles and paying for new brake pads OOP. Other issues like shifting when taking off or stepping on it to get going after slowing down are regular occurrences. The ride itself is noticeably better than the 2017 Tahoe we had before and so far the rest of the bells and whistles are functioning nicely. Just wish Cadillac would stand by it's product better.

Transmission shifting is still not great.
By Griselda C. Gaytan

2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

My husband and I have purchased brand new GM vehicles for many years now. Needles to say we have invested a great deal of money in our trucks and suvs. In 2015 we decided to purchase a 2016 Cadillac ESV because we liked the look of it. Well, not everything that glitters is gold, that's for sure!! Shortly after purchasing we started noticing the shifting was rough, the gears shift so rough all the passengers feel the rough shifting especially when taking off and on and off during a ride. The roughness of the shifting gets worse after time. As the problem with the shifting gets worse and worse the truck eventually won't even turn on, it just goes dead. We had to use cables to start it up so we could drive it to the agency and hope it would not leave us stranded. We expected so much more from a Cadillac vehicle being that our investment was a total of 94,000 dollars. The truck has been in the shop a total of six (6) times and it almost feels as if I've been driving a loaner more than my vehicle. Our family loves to take road trips in the summer months but we we have not been able to take summer road trips since we do not trust this truck to keep our family safe. We have no faith in Cadillac products and will never, EVER invest in Cadillac again!! We contacted GM to informed them of our concerns and expected GM to stand by their product but the best they could do was inform us that the shifting pattern is a new one with these new Cadillacs and the customers are not used to it. Whaaat??? No vehicle that we have ever driven shifts as rough and in such unpredictable patterns as this Cadillac ESV. Plus every time we get our vehicle back and new parts such as , gear box, are replaced and computer is reprogrammed it rides much better but eventually the problem starts once again until it gets so bad it eventually goes dead again!
We will be trading this useless piece of JUNK for a real quality suv. Obviously GM does not care enough about their customers to keep them satisfied. Never Again!!

It's been a while since my first review and a lot has changed.
After filing the lemon law documents through the BBB and getting our lawyer involved GMC offered to exchange our vehicle for any other vehicle we wanted.
We paid a fee of approximately 10,000 dollars which in the lemon law is called a usage fee. The usage fee is basically what you have to pay for the time the vehicle was used based on a formula.
We chose another Cadillac Escalade ESV.
it was great at first but now just two months and a half driving the vehicle we are starting to notice the modulator acting up. We will be calling the agency to get it serviced. This truck is much, much better. We are hoping it just needs adjustment.
The interior assembly of this new 2017 model seems to be much sturdier since I don't hear rattling of panels like with the last one. It's too soon to tell though.
If you are thinking of spending high dollar on a luxury vehicle I don't recommend it. Try Lexus or Range Rover.

Escalade esv fan
By Mistine

2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 5th Escalade. Hands down my favorite SUV. All aspects are why I own this. If they could just figure out a way for me to talk control AC/Heat I'll buy these every 3 years without fail.

Unfixable rattling noise
By Vivek bal

2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this brand new cadillac Escalade ESV 2016 with 0 miles and after some time it start giving me problems. Rattling noise in the rear end both sides is one of the biggest problem. I went to different dealerships from january 2016 till now(october 216) but no one able to find that noise exactly where its coming from instead they started changing all the parts out of my brand new escalade. They just assume that the noise is coming from here. They messed up my whole car with new parts and they didn't even find the problem.

what am suv
By amir aqeel

2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

For a big size family, a perfect suv. I traded infiniti qx56.. because I don't like car based platform on suv . I am happy with look, comfort, MPG, and over all value.