Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 270 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (270 reviews )

This Car Is POSSESSED!
By AtlantaSpeeder

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

The best thing about this car is the interior. Sitting inside the car is like relaxing on a very nice couch. And couch is a good term for the Cadillac CTS because that's pretty much what it is--a piece of furniture, because its hardly ever moving. Why? Because its constantly breaking down. The motor in this thing seems to have a shelf life of about 150,000 miles. I've owned this car 5 years and have spent THOUSANDS on various, regular repairs. And the ECM repair issue (GOOGLE it) is an epidemic. Literally, every one of these models has a defective ECM. The longer you own the car, the harder it is to replace the ECM, and thus costs to repair are SOARING. last time I checked, an ECM replacement at the dealer cost around $1000. Cadillac is a joke, and this car is a punchline. DO NOT BUY THIS HEAP!! And forget about getting support from Cadillac because those people are incompetent and could care less. Buy a Lexus instead! Get your money's worth and drive something that is reliable!

HORRENDOUS
By Dan

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY IT! This thing has been one problem after the next. Faulty pcv valves, bad valve cover gaskets, bad rear hubs, bad everything on this car! This car is a nightmare to work on and repairs are NOT cheap. Had to be towed 3 different times. I owned this car for 3 years and it never went longer than 3 months without needing a repair of some sort. Don't make the same mistake I did. This car's beauty comes at a painful cost. Save yourself the heartache and the money. Look elsewhere. I will never again own a cadillac.

Money Sucking Vortex
By D Kuriger

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used from a dealer and within a couple of weeks sunk over $2000 when the transmission cooler exploded. This was a problem because the cooler is located inside the radiator and the antifreeze mixed with the transmission fluid and the transmission had to be cleaned out. Then the right front shock assembly broke. A simple, common part with only $50 labor. Except GM has stopped making parts for this car already. The mechanic couldn't believe it. I finally found the part from a junkyard on the other side of the country. Then another part broke and again, the part could not be found, so my mechanic made something that would work. It is now sitting on my driveway, the transmission finally gave out on it. I haven't listed all of the problems I've had with the car (heater doesn't work after 6 months, leaks every fluid like a sieve, warning lights randomly come on and then turn off, sometimes the window controls don't operate the right window, and on and on). This was a fun car to drive when everything works, but that only adds up to a few days in the last year. I'll never own another Cadillac.

UPDATE: After the car sat, non-running in my driveway for a few weeks, I ended up selling it to a guy for $175 and feel like I got the best of the deal.

15 Year Ownership
By Salman Arab

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car off the lot in 04/2002 (2003 Model Year). I have driven this car almost daily for 14 years and 5 months before upgrading to a new vehicle, this week. This vehicle never gave me any problems, nor did it give me any major repairs or anything of that sort. Even today, I can get in this vehicle and drive it to and from work without any hiccups. I drove this car over 250K miles, and aside from normal wear and tear, regular fluid changes and few cosmetic blemishes this car was awesome.

A great used car style and reliability
By cameron

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

my car is used 2003 I had 96,000 when I brought the car I now have 229,000 miles. So far just minor work I have been blessed. Its a great car.