Used 1993 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Regal fan for life
By Regal fan for life

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have a 1993 Buick Regal Custom that I bought as a donated vehicle at an auto auction for $350 about 3 years ago with 66K original miles on it. I drive it to work and back 6 days a week at 164 miles round trip per day. She just hit 196K and I must say I am completely satisfied with everything this car has to offer. Dependability, comfort, throttle response, fuel milage and how well it looks and the quality of every part on her at nearly 25 years old.

*387k miles and still running perfect
By iamnatman

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

My regal is currently at 287k miles, and closing in on 300k fast. This is hands down the most reliable car our family has owned.

Repairs over the last 14 years:
Alternator x2
Fuel pump
Rear struts
Brake pads/front rotors
Transmission cooler lines x2
Rear motor mount
Turn signal switch

And that's basically it, minus routine oil changes and minor tune ups. All repairs well under $250 and most done by me to save.

The engine is perfect for this car. It's very quiet when you want it, and makes a pretty awesome growl when you drop the pedal. I've been 90 mph down the interstate and held a perfect straight line with plenty of power still on tap.

EDIT: 8-8-16

Yes I still have this car, and I still love it. It just ticked over to 378k miles, and I wrote my original review when it was at 278k. My plan is to update this review every 100k miles. I'm still on the original engine and transmission, neither of which have been rebuilt. I've had some repairs over the years, but nothing uncommon and bank breaking. I've not had a single break down in the past 100k miles. That's pretty darn good if you ask me. Don't let the dull "granny car" look get to you. These regals are unreal, and it baffles me how cheap you can get them for. The 3.8 engine is a beast, and if you find one, you won't be disappointed.

I'll update when I get to the next 100k. :)

It's a Beast
By BrandNew

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought from the dealer, Carfax reported only one owner - A little old lady. !993 with no rust new tires and 72,000 miles. The suspension is amazingly smooth. I personally like the way it floats. The new cars don't even come close to the comfort of the Regal. At first the dash was weird, but controls have a nice lay-out. Performance with the 3.8 liter V6 is excellent. It will leave black marks down the road. Interstate driving is a breeze and power is there when you need it. The transmission is just as smooth as the right. Overall its a boat, but still a blast to drive.

Performance, It has power. And the ride, the suspension is like driving on a soft cloud.

More heater/cooling options without turning the A/C compressor on. There are only 2 buttons, Vent and Htr, that won't activate the A/C compressor if its over 50 degrees out

16 years and still chugging along....
By aczel

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I received this vehicle as a gift in May of 2004 from my Grandpa (he was the original owner). In over 5 years of ownership I've had to replace certain things, such as: alternator, brakes (pads and calipers), RF window motor, and a few other minor things. Overall, the car has been great. It has 196*** kms, which I'm hoping to make it to 200,000 without any issues. This was/is an absolutely great car, and I will hate to see it go, but it's getting close to the time to move on. Anyone thinking about buying a Buick...don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed!

The seats are very comfortable, there is plenty of cabin/trunk space, all controls are easily within reach, and the 3.1L V6 has been amazing! Also, I think this is one of the last models to offer 6 person seating in this type of vehicle - which can be nice when needed.

The gauges were designed a little small for this generation (took some time getting used to). There was only one good cup holder (which I broke). Otherwise, everything else is great for a 1993!

I owns one
By girly t

1993 Buick Regal Sedan Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

hello i have an 4dr with an sunroof i had mine since 03/2004 itz an very nice dependable car an fast i hav gotten several speedin tickets, i had a lil major work done thru out the years, bt never the engine or transmission gave me any problems yet!!!!!! im still holdin on strong, my car dealer is suprise i still hav it lol, dey wants me to get another kind from them lol,

my fav features is the model of it an the fact dat it iz a sporty type an i hav tint so pple think i be a police of sum type lol,

my suggested improvements would be not to dog it out or try to race wit it!! because it rides sooo luxury