Used 1993 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews

$757 - $1,850

Used Regal for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

*387k miles and still running perfect

iamnatman, 03/05/2012
Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

My regal is currently at 287k miles, and closing in on 300k fast. This is hands down the most reliable car our family has owned. Repairs over the last 14 years: Alternator x2 Fuel pump Rear struts Brake pads/front rotors Transmission cooler lines x2 Rear motor mount Turn signal switch And that's basically it, minus routine oil changes and minor tune ups. All repairs well under $250 and most done by me to save. The engine is perfect for this car. It's very quiet when you want it, and makes a pretty awesome growl when you drop the pedal. I've been 90 mph down the interstate and held a perfect straight line with plenty of power still on tap. EDIT: 8-8-16 Yes I still have this car, and I still love it. It just ticked over to 378k miles, and I wrote my original review when it was at 278k. My plan is to update this review every 100k miles. I'm still on the original engine and transmission, neither of which have been rebuilt. I've had some repairs over the years, but nothing uncommon and bank breaking. I've not had a single break down in the past 100k miles. That's pretty darn good if you ask me. Don't let the dull "granny car" look get to you. These regals are unreal, and it baffles me how cheap you can get them for. The 3.8 engine is a beast, and if you find one, you won't be disappointed. I'll update when I get to the next 100k. :)

Good Family Car

hkerwien, 12/30/2002
Custom 4dr Sedan

Virtually maintenance free. Brakes were the biggest issue to maintain. Not a sports car but otherwise a good ride, good fuel economy (27 mpg), good handling in all weather, lots of room and not very expensive in the first place.

Regal Gran Sport

Mr. Buick, 04/23/2009
Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

The 93 Regal is a good reliable vehicle, though these days the gas mileage is a problem. Spending an hour to 2 on the highway used a half a tank of gas. Its very comfortable with plenty of space for people and cargo. Headlights are too dim (though that may be due to age). No major complaints, and this car will run forever. Though my windows have gone off- track multiple times even after getting them replaced; they don't seem to be quality windows. I would advise people to find a newer car these days as the 93 Regal is 16 years old now.

The sled

Hugh, 10/04/2002
Limited 4dr Sedan

The best vehicle I've ever owned. It has power to spare, exceptional creature comforts and style. Looks are still in style and still get compliments on the vehicle. Exceptional reliability. The vehicle is almost 10 years old and still drives like new. I'd recomend this vehicle to a friend and would purchase another on in a heart beat.

our regal

ecmr plumber, 05/16/2004
Limited 4dr Sedan

The interior is nearly flawless, unusual for a car of this age and milage. this car runs superbly and will roast the front tires if it is required to. This car gets 21-23 mpg in town and 29-33.8 on the highway at 75 mph. this gets better milage and has tons more power and has a much larger and more comfortable interior than the geo prism we had before it. my wife and I both think that this is the best car either of us has owned This car is in good with a beautifull paint job in amazing shape for its age. I would reccomend one of these to anyone looking for a older car, make sure that you get a 3800 v6.