Used 2005 Buick Park Avenue Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Park Avenue for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

11 years of near bliss

geeo, 01/04/2010

I just love the big car feel. The bench seat front and back are great. You can seat the entire family of grown children all the luggage ans all the electronic gear in comfort their are four 12 volt receptacles.The Park Ultra is very popular in China in 2010. Why we can not have it here is a mystery to me. I guess the bone heads at Buick in USA still do not get it.

Beautiful vehicle, couldn't ask for anything better!!!

rob208, 10/29/2011

I have a 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Special Edition in white diamond tricoat and it is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. The ride is very smooth, the seats couldn't be more comfortable, and everything is automatic, from the windshield wipers, lights, and much more. If you buy this car, you must get the Ultra with the supercharged engine, it is a rocket and flies effortlessly. This is not a car just for elderly people, I am under 20 and love this car, it is an eye catcher and is often mistaked for a Cadillac. It is absolutely gorgeous vehicle that drives great, gets 30+ mpg on the highway, plenty of room, and is a very reliable AMERICAN car. Very highly recommend.

Excellent Value As A Used Premium Vehicle

Steven D., 07/11/2018
4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Buick Park Avenue has 35,000 miles on it, and I'm the second owner. I've had the car for approximately 11 months, and it's proven a reliable and very comfortable vehicle, equal or greater then several luxury cars I've owned. Acceleration is punchy, braking good, though handling is very floaty and steering lacks feedback. Front and rear seats are equally comfortable, and with the bench seat I can comfortably carry 6 passengers to dinner or around down. With 5 passengers it's common for all passengers to fall asleep - the car is quiet as a church mouse and very smooth, although the tires do allow for some poor feedback on rougher roads. The interior and driving experience is very 90s American, comfortable, unapologetic, and almost lackadaisical. Interior quality and ergonomics are adequate - if I place a loose object on the passenger seat while driving alone it will almost certainly fall between in the space between the top part of the seat and the bottom. Cupholders are too few and too flimsy. Technology is what you expect from a 2005 - no Bluetooth, navigation or active safety to speak of, but the steering wheel audio and cruise controls, AM/FM/CD/Cassette radio, dual power seats with memory, automatic headlights all make the driving experience easy. Getting in and out is easy - I have a disabled family member who can get in from a wheelchair easily. Reliability has been great - have replaced tires. Value is excellent, there are a lot of good examples at much lower prices - it's really a comfortable, safe, spacious vehicle - the ride is as good as any luxury vehicle out there! PROS: Ride quality, value, space, comfort, reliability, smooth power-train. CONS: Dated interior materials (even for 2005), ergonomics, big car to park. Highly recommended for its value and comfort, the 3.8 liter V6 is exceptionally smooth and reliable - I've had it in several vehicles with no issues.

The Flash

K.F., 03/23/2010

I bought the P.A.Ultra with touring package (used) after owning a similar older Park Ave, which I grew to love. This car is a dream and the fuel injection gives it amazing power. The touring package makes handling very tight and responsive. The car is a TOTAL driving experience:great sound system, luxury comfort:walnut interior trim, leather seats, power everything, sunroof etc. It shows what American engineering can produce if it wants to. I hope the new model Buicks can carry on this fine tradition, but I'd be surprised.This is a real car!

2005 - My 5th Park Avenue

Michael, 03/04/2006

We purchased our 5th and sadly last PA, as our new 2005 was the last year available. We currently own a 1999 with 105K miles as well. Previously owned '85, '88 and '94 PA models. All 5 have been the most reliable vehicles I have owned and the most comfortable car to drive. Very good economy for a large car, consistantly 21 in town and 29 - 31 mpg on the interstate. The only major repair necessary on any of the 5 was a transmission service at 125K miles on the 1988. None have ever used oil and the GM 3.8L V6 is bullet proof and very quiet. If looking at pre-owned, I highly recommend finding one with the touring package. I'll be keeping the two I have now until the wheels fall off.

I Love It

BigBoyJr60, 05/27/2004

One of the besat cars I have ever owned. This is the third Park Ave. I have owned, and all 3 were excellent.

Great 2005 Buick PA

jerry, 10/17/2005

Although the car required a few minor adjustments initially, it has proved to be an excellent car. I am pleased with the ride, the overall performance and fuel economy. Having owned several PA"s this one seems to be the best of all. Very pleased.

Terrific Vehicle

A.J Dammeir, 01/18/2017
Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this car brand new and still have it due to the fact it is the best car I have ever owned. I keep everything serviced and have never had any problems. L ive in Texas and drive to Illinois it holds the road and it very quiet and most comfortable seats. I hope to drive this great vehicle for many years to come. It is also beautiful. When I get fuel people will come up and comment what a beautiful vehicle.

2005 Park Avenue - Prestege

Richard Wallman, 09/26/2004

Automobile is a comfortable large sedan with a very pleasant ride. Mine has the touring suspension - giving a much more comfortable ride than one without the extra suspension. Although the car could use a little more power (on hills it is constantly shifting) I can find nothing else to change.

RodeMaster Takes on the Ultra

RodeMaster, 09/23/2004

If the classic Buick Port Holes, don't grab your eye, the unbelievable performance of the supercharged engine will. I love this car. I scoff at the Edmunds reviewer who called the ride floaty. The Ultra package provides excellent tires and handling, but still provides a comfortable ride. The BOSE sound system was great. Mechanically, perfect--no warranty or other work, great gas mileage and the supercharger offered up excellent mileage. While certainly appealing to a true Buick buyer from the looks, the leathers were very nice, and the interior fit and finish were excellent.

Excellent Vehicle

Martin R., 10/03/2005

I drive my Buick daily. I also take long trips. I'v found this vehicle to be one of the best cars to drive besides my Landcruiser. Those friends that have driven my car will be considering the Buick as there next vehicle. I purchased my vehicle after driving my wife's Buick Park Ave Ultra.

Park Avenue

Kevin Fix, 12/16/2004

I have driven this car for over a year and have very few complaints. i had a Cadillac Seville that was two years old and was totaled in a an accident. The Buick is not as fast. Cruises just as well and gets 3 to 4 mpg better. I also have grown to like the seating. It just took some getting use to. This a good car for long miles and and highway cruising. I would buy another one to repalce this one.

Comfortable cruiser

Randy, 06/11/2005

A dream to drive. Terrific highway mileage, apporaching 30 mpg. Comfortable seats and good sound system make long-distance driving a dream. The car is so well engineered that on straight roads, it drives itself; and I'm along as a safety observer. It's a shame the resale value is poor, for it's a better car than many with better resale, including one with all intitials as a name. But I'll never sell this car, so it's of no relevance to me.

My Park

Carol Morgan, 06/12/2004

Dear Sirs I am very well pleased with my Park Avenue....in fact...it is so comfortable ,when driving ,that I want to go to sleep. Whatever you do as design engineers at GM. please and I "stress" PLEASE. Do not change the elegant style of my favorite car. Much nicer then its opponent....need I mention "Caddy" Keep up the good work and I will continue to support the All-American Beauty called the Buick. Thank you Carol

Park Avenue owner of 2 years

wb8rni, 07/10/2004

I get 32 miles per gallon on the highway. The interior is very comfortable. At 6'-2", I enjoy having headroom with the seat-back fully up. It handles well on wet and dry roads at freeway speeds even during heavy wind and storm.

Fabulous -Park Avenue

Jean Sibery, 07/05/2005

No bumps, noise or shimmys felt. Runs like a champ when you need to pick up speed and pass. Self adjusting seats are just what is needed as my husband and I share the car...no need to readjust mirrors on sides, it does that automatically too depnding on the driver.

highway driving

william ridenour, 09/13/2004

vibration in front end when exceeding seventy miles per hour or more and no one seems to know why or explain the problem.

The Worse Buick I Ever Had

Ron Tarigo, 08/15/2005

This is my second Park Ave Ultra, and it is the worst. The gas mileage is the terrible. Suspension! You feel every crack and hole in the road. Outside sounds! You hear it all. Acceleration! Forget it. You need to press down all the way on the gas pedal to get it to accelerate. Steering! To make this car make a sharp turn, forget it. A sharp U turn it cannot do. A sharp turn into a parking space, after 3 to 5 up and backs you can get in the parking space. This is not a Park Ave Ultra. This is a car that was thrown together and put out to sell. I still have my 99 Park Ave Ultra and I will take it over this one any day. I leased the 2005 for 3yr. I wished I bought it so I could get rid of it .

A lemon

Dee, 12/07/2004

Our car shakes at speeds over 65 mph. The dealer has changed tires, balanced them and has us running the tires at 29 lbs until the suspension supposedly loosens up. The last time we drove it, the lights in the radio were flickering like a candle was burning behind it(husband's description). If we could get everything to work, we would love it but as it is; we feel we are being asked to put up with a lemon!!!!

Park Avenue

Paisley, 10/09/2004

Buick has provided a most comfortable ride and a fair element of prestige and operational economy. The only real negative is the rapid depreciation and this will continue to plague the Park Avenue as well as most other domestic vehicles. Our service experience with the dealership has been excellent and we will probably continue to drive Park Avenues because for traveling and for storage capacity it has been a marvelous vehicle.

good car

pcs, 06/09/2004

THIS CAR HAS BEEN THE BEST CAR MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE OWNED. I LOVE THE FACT I DONT HAVE TO LOOK DOWN TO WATCH MY SPEED OR OTHER IMPORTANT INFO BECAUSE ITS IN THE WINDSHIELD. HAVEN'T TRIED CD PLAYER YET BUT SOUND SYSTEM IS GREAT. THIS CAR IS VERY NICE RIDING. I REALLY LIKE THE HEATED SEATS AND INDIVIDUAL SETTINGS FOR AIR CONDITION.

Once satisfied!

Ron Stein, 11/13/2004

Purchased a Park Avenue in 1991, traded in 1995 and again in 1998. Last year I purchased a Chrysler Pacifica. Wow, what a change. I think it is time for Buick to make a body style change. Been using this mold since 1991. Just my opinion.

51050