Used 2005 Buick Park Avenue Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Park Avenue for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Excellent Vehicle

Martin R., 10/03/2005
Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I drive my Buick daily. I also take long trips. I'v found this vehicle to be one of the best cars to drive besides my Landcruiser. Those friends that have driven my car will be considering the Buick as there next vehicle. I purchased my vehicle after driving my wife's Buick Park Ave Ultra.

Park Avenue

Kevin Fix, 12/16/2004
Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have driven this car for over a year and have very few complaints. i had a Cadillac Seville that was two years old and was totaled in a an accident. The Buick is not as fast. Cruises just as well and gets 3 to 4 mpg better. I also have grown to like the seating. It just took some getting use to. This a good car for long miles and and highway cruising. I would buy another one to repalce this one.

Comfortable cruiser

Randy, 06/11/2005
Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

A dream to drive. Terrific highway mileage, apporaching 30 mpg. Comfortable seats and good sound system make long-distance driving a dream. The car is so well engineered that on straight roads, it drives itself; and I'm along as a safety observer. It's a shame the resale value is poor, for it's a better car than many with better resale, including one with all intitials as a name. But I'll never sell this car, so it's of no relevance to me.

My Park

Carol Morgan, 06/12/2004
4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Dear Sirs I am very well pleased with my Park Avenue....in fact...it is so comfortable ,when driving ,that I want to go to sleep. Whatever you do as design engineers at GM. please and I "stress" PLEASE. Do not change the elegant style of my favorite car. Much nicer then its opponent....need I mention "Caddy" Keep up the good work and I will continue to support the All-American Beauty called the Buick. Thank you Carol

Park Avenue owner of 2 years

wb8rni, 07/10/2004
4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I get 32 miles per gallon on the highway. The interior is very comfortable. At 6'-2", I enjoy having headroom with the seat-back fully up. It handles well on wet and dry roads at freeway speeds even during heavy wind and storm.

Fabulous -Park Avenue

Jean Sibery, 07/05/2005
4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

No bumps, noise or shimmys felt. Runs like a champ when you need to pick up speed and pass. Self adjusting seats are just what is needed as my husband and I share the car...no need to readjust mirrors on sides, it does that automatically too depnding on the driver.

highway driving

william ridenour, 09/13/2004
4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

vibration in front end when exceeding seventy miles per hour or more and no one seems to know why or explain the problem.

The Worse Buick I Ever Had

Ron Tarigo, 08/15/2005
Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my second Park Ave Ultra, and it is the worst. The gas mileage is the terrible. Suspension! You feel every crack and hole in the road. Outside sounds! You hear it all. Acceleration! Forget it. You need to press down all the way on the gas pedal to get it to accelerate. Steering! To make this car make a sharp turn, forget it. A sharp U turn it cannot do. A sharp turn into a parking space, after 3 to 5 up and backs you can get in the parking space. This is not a Park Ave Ultra. This is a car that was thrown together and put out to sell. I still have my 99 Park Ave Ultra and I will take it over this one any day. I leased the 2005 for 3yr. I wished I bought it so I could get rid of it .

A lemon

Dee, 12/07/2004
Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Our car shakes at speeds over 65 mph. The dealer has changed tires, balanced them and has us running the tires at 29 lbs until the suspension supposedly loosens up. The last time we drove it, the lights in the radio were flickering like a candle was burning behind it(husband's description). If we could get everything to work, we would love it but as it is; we feel we are being asked to put up with a lemon!!!!

Park Avenue

Paisley, 10/09/2004
4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Buick has provided a most comfortable ride and a fair element of prestige and operational economy. The only real negative is the rapid depreciation and this will continue to plague the Park Avenue as well as most other domestic vehicles. Our service experience with the dealership has been excellent and we will probably continue to drive Park Avenues because for traveling and for storage capacity it has been a marvelous vehicle.

51050