Used 2017 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used LaCrosse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Good value for retired folks

Richard Stewart, 12/09/2016
Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Being retired, I was looking for a quite comfortable roomy car with easy to use controls and lots of safety features for my wife and me to use for travel. The Lacrosse fit the bill. I was impressed with all the safety features (love the heads up display) and the ease of use of the entertainment and navigation systems. Most luxury cars don't have touch screens, which to me was a distraction. The simpler the better. The trunk on the Lacrosse is huge so no problems getting luggage stowed. On the road the Lacrosse is very quiet and comfortable with plenty of power when you need it. I was impressed with the overall mileage on the first fill up at 29.4 mpg with a 200 mile trip to PA and the rest mixed driving. Some things I found troubling was there was no sunglass holder in the overhead (can use the space under the shifter, but still...), the visibility is not as good as I would have liked out the front when making turns and parking, and the transmission hunts a bit at low speed going up twisty hills (can shift into manual to smooth out). People complain about the electronic shifter, but I found it easy to use once I got used to it. Overall I find the Lacrosse to fit my needs just fine and look forward to many miles of comfortable quite travel. After 7500 miles the Intellilink display went blank then started a reboot that took two hours. Happened twice in two weeks and took to dealer who found a bad module that would not allow for reading data. Part on order for three weeks and haven't heard back.

Best kept secret in automobiles

Elwyn H. Davis, 01/09/2018
Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We traded a 2010 Lacrosse CXS with 92,000 trouble free miles for this car 15 weeks ago. Ours is the Premium trim level. So far, in almost 5,000 miles we love the car and haven't found anything to complain about. Among the great things: Ride, smoothness of operation, seat comfort, Auto stop/start, gas mileage - 35 mpg on highway trips, 21-22 around town mileage, 24.2 overall probably 90% around town, easy to use technology, sound system, new style gear shifter, trunk size, quiet operation. Our friends that have ridden in this car are blown away. Before buying this car I test drove: Toyota Avalon, Chevy Impala, Lincoln MKZ, and Nissan Maxima. None of these compared to the comfort, handling, styling, and overall perceived quality of the 2017 Buick Lacrosse. To put things in perspective, this is the 12th new Buick we have purchased since 1966, and have only had one that was not terrific. However, this is head and shoulders above all of the previous 11. Buick hit a home run with this design.

A Great Car for long distance rides.

James, 09/29/2017
Essence 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got a surprise upgrade from the rental car company - "Buick LaCrosse Essence" with 4k miles on the odo. I rented it for a day and travelled 500 miles. This is firmly the best car I have rented so far. I hesitated to accept the upgrade in the beginning because it had a 3.6 V6 engine and would eat up my pocket. Luckily NO! I was surprised by the fuel efficiency. 528 miles and I have just filled close to 16 gallons of fuel. For a full size car with a big engine and beasty acceleration, I did not expect this much milage. 10+ hours of drive without much of tiredness. It is a very silent car. Cruising at 70mpg, not a noise. You will doubt if the engine is actually running. It has a very rich interior and awesome driver's seat that feels very comfortable for long rides. The dashboard is ergonomically designed with most of the buttons in reach. However, the seating is too low and will sink you down such that you won't see much beyond the dashboard for city rides. Maybe it was because I am a short person (169cm). Otherwise, the car felt very very stable and smooth throughout the ride.

Great value in a beautiful package

Captain Jack, 04/03/2017
Essence 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Over the years I've owned BMW's, Mercedes, Audi's, GMC Yukons, Acadias and Sierras. They all have positives and negatives, but you can't beat the value built into the Buick. I enjoy driving a smooth and quiet sedan again, and like the car very much and especially like the lower payments, good gas mileage and affordable maintenance and insurance over all the fancy imports I've owned. And bye bye to the $1,000 per visit import luxury car maintenance visits. Even though SUVs are all the rage, this solid large sedan is a quiet, powerful, comfortable and confident buy. 2020 update. Succumbed to SUV Fever and traded for Enclave Avenir which is splendid and so much easier to get in and out of, and more flexible with space.

2017 Buick Lacrosse Pemium

Desiree, 06/06/2017
Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Overall I absolutely love this car. I will say that even though the car is FWD, the front sits really low. I'm constantly worried about taller curbs when parking. You have to watch your head getting in the car (I'm 5'6) because the headroom is low and the seats sit low. If you raise the seat to drive, there is a chance of bumping your head upon getting out the vehicle. Thanks for the built in rear view camera because due to the shape of the rear window and the incline of the rear end, that camera is well needed. I was a little upset about the lack of a CD player. But I guess if you can learn to use the electronic trans. shifter, then you can learn how to use USB cords and the Bluetooth to play music from your phone. I absolutely love the engine and all the bells and whistles including the all the pretty moon-light ambient lighting throughout the vehicle when park/headlights are activated.

12345...11