Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Good value
By BART bemee

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Really good value. Fit and finish are beautiful. Handles great.

looks great on the outside
By Jenn

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way this car looks on the outside and inside. However the issues are the mechanics of the car. In the first year of owning the car I've had to replace 2 catalyst converters because apparently these lacrosses come with two. I have had to replace stabilizer pins and my check engine light seems to always have a reason to come on. I love when this car works properly it really is a smooth ride with plenty of space, but next time I purchase a car it probably wont be a buick which is disappointing.

Buick Lacrosse- A fancy name for LEMON
By David

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a hollow soulless plastic shell on an overpriced and underpowered piece of crap. The car comes equipped with Tiptronic shifting. However, having owned a Honda with tiptronic shift, this is more for show than actual delivery of performance. At 22,000 miles, this car had sensor issues with the traction control, stabilitizer and the Emergency brake. While driving the car, the sensors sent a slipping wheel message to the car and made the car go from 10 mph to 0 without warning. There are 60 service bulletins about this car and 50 are related to the Traction Control and Parking Brake sensors being activated, however the GM garage was unable to fix the car in less than 4 weeks and they even tried to talk me into trading out of the car when it appeared they were unable to fix the car after 15 days. Having owned a car with 195 HP and this one advertising 260 hp, this car is slow to accelerate and it seems kind of hollow without much power. Had it been priced at $18,000 brand new and not $38,000 brand new it would have been more appropriate.

By James L'Heureux

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Buick Lacrosse CXS for three years. Purchased used with 55K miles. Day 5 had a warranty call for the navigation/radio, it would not maintain any saved information. Dealer replaced the raidio/nav system under extended warranty ($2800 out of pocket $100). A year after the replacement a recall came out on the radio/nav system (no return of money). Issue two, leaking oil from oil pan, oil pan replaced ($300 out of pocket $100)) covered under warranty, a year later same issue oil pan replaced another warranty call. Water pump replaced covered by warranty ($400 out of pocket $100)). Tire sensor replaced ($180 out of pocket $100)) warranty paid. Fuel sensor/actuator failed (warranty paid $50 out of pocket $100). Steering column failed replaced warranty paid $2,900 out of pocket $100. Transmission replaced at 110K warranty paid $4500 out pocket $100. Cracked rim $750 out of pocket. I love the car when it is running right but all of these fixes are a nuisance and I only have 4K left on the warranty scared I will start incurring these cost. Maintenance and warranty repairs in three years is approaching 10K. Looking to replace the vehicle for a more reliable with a lower cost on maintenance.

I like my car
By tracy

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is great with two kids. No problem or issues of space and maneuvering around within the car. I'm not a fan of the 2 blind spots off the front 2 corners of the vehicle but I have adjusted. The only other problem is that it feels like the transmission skips once in awhile. I believe that is what the recall is for. I just haven't got it in. I've owned the car 5 years' I bought it used it was a rental vehicle. I never use the triptonic feature, I think it's a silly feature and it's just something else to break.