Used 2006 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

My first Buick, so far, so good
By Ed Erickson

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car last month at 132,000 miles and paid $4000 for it. The inside is very roomy and comfortable, I am a big guy, used to play football. It's a 3800 V6 and seems to shift smoothly and no problems as of yet. The only negative I see is the glove compartment is very small, and so is the truck. Both are significantly smaller than my Cavalier that I traded in for this car. Not bad MPG for a 3800 V6 either. I think I got a great value, so far I did.

Great on long or short trips.
By nkusigep

2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It rolls a bit through turns and across lanes during lane changes but it's suspension is a little looser which is great for bad roads. It has tons of head and leg room for big and tall people and the seats are very comfortable. Amenities are on-par for the class. It's much more stylish compared to Buicks of the past and you can tell their trying to capture the attention of younger generations, not just the 55+ crowd (no offense). I do mostly highway driving and combined mileage is about 24 mpg - not great but not terrible for a V6.
Acceleration is good.

Comfort, exterior design, amenities, acceleration.

Handling.

I love my Buick
By Paul

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The quality is really good compared with my previous conception of the "American" car. My car has a 3800 Pontiac Engine they tell me. It gets around 30 mpg on the road if I stay at 70 mph. If I go 80 on the turnpike it doesn't seem to hurt mileage that much. The car has more than enough power for passing. If I want to leave a pesty driver in my dust I can do so with ease.

The engine power, leather, Onstar XM radio

The improvements are there in the new version of this car. I would buy another in a moment but am very concerned that the Government,s interference will prevent the competitive atmosphere that made GM produce this really good car.

Bad Gas Milage and Poor Pick up
By barbara Kocanda

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was told by the dealership that this car gets at least 22 miles to gallon, but after driving it for 3 months I have come to find out that I only get 16 to 18 miles to a gallon. What a disappointment. Plus, this car has zero pick up. I will probably trade this car in as soon as possible.

Leather seats

The dash board lights need to be brighter, better gas mpg.

Comforable and quiet ride
By MarkZ

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have drive car 54000 mile with no problems. Very advanced handling and braking system. A pleasure to drive long distance in the front seat rear is a little tight for adults for more than couple of hours. Could have made rear seats and leg room more accommodating. take front the long front end of car or add couple inches to vehicle, Wish I had bought the lacerne. Love the heated seats in colder climates and cool mornings. Would like heated front window orwipers snow and ice collect under windshield wipers. Previous cars Buick Park Ave,Toyota Previa,GMC savannah. Gas mileage could be better(24MPG)200HP traded for power. High performance tires noticeable improvement in ride and handling.

leather,adjustable and heated seats/ feel secure and safe in seat. nice body style

Lighting low and high beams/rear seating/ Gas MPG/ hope they improved trannys from past gm's