Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

2005 LaCrosse CXL
By freeh

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car. Good ride and handling. Excellent on the highway. Only drawbacks are fairly poor mileage in town and somewhat tight rear seat. Much better car than my previous Buick, a Regal.

Steering and headlights.

The new V6 in all models.

Bad Choice
By Big Ed

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never owned a Buick before and after reviewing other cars in this class,I thought this was a good choice. Initially I liked this car very much. I noticed the problem on the first trip of about 150 miles. At highway speeds of 50-65 MPH and trying to maintain a safe distance from the car in front of me. The accelerator pedal seems to have a dead zone. It doesn't respond under normal foot pressure to maintain the speed that traffic flow allowes. As I apply a slight pressure on the gas pedal, nothing happens. As I increase the pressure, a sudden burst of acceleration is felt with the teck jumping 500-750RPM. This unusual condition is very strenuous on long trips of this constant awareness.

Exterior Style and Interior Layout. Remote Start and Quite Ride

Go back to the proven Cable Linkage from the gas pedal to the engine instead of this electric module. Awkward closing the trunk lid

Rear floor design
By Rosalie

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The rear floor has a very bad curve near the rear door below the rear seat. I had a passenger catch his foot on the lower part of the curved floor as he tried to exit the auto. He triped and fell head first to the ground. He was aware that the floor is a step down, but did not notice the curve near the rear seat. The floor that the seat is resting on should be straight, not curved. This could be very dangereous. Not to mention a law suit if someone is really hurt. I am not sure if GM would fix this problem on MY auto?

On Star is a safety reason that I bought a GM auto.

Must have the rear flooring straight to conform with the seats. Not curved near the exit door.

Classy, sporty, and luxurious
By Carl Kushner

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a midsize that gave a lot for your money. The Lacrosse is that. With the gold convenience package, it came with a whole group of luxury features. With the GM employee pricing this car couldn't compete with others including the imports for bang for the buck!

Fit and finish, leather heated seats, dual zone auto climate controls, interior and cargo room, remote starting,smoothness, good acceleration, and quietness out on the road.

I should have bought another LeSabre
By DOGONSOFA

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have bucket seats and the plastic that wraps around the seat at the bottom is in the wrong place for a short person. Actually it is too thick. If you put your leg next to it, it hurts. So I have to remember to keep my leg stretched out. I am talking on the driver’s side, on the left. It is a great car for a young person.

I do like OnStar, wifi, and all the bells and whistles.

More inside room. Keep out more outside noise. Smoother ride. I sure hope it is as reliable as my LeSabre's were.