Used 1990 Buick Estate Wagon Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Buick Estate Wagon Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

The nightmare of buying a car online.
By hottoddy

1990 Buick Estate Wagon 4dr Wagon

I bought this 1990 Buick Estate wagon on ebay. First mistake? The pictures & the sales pitch looked like a fantastic buy of a 58k car at $3000? After the hassle with shipper. wagon finally arrived 2 weeks later. My Parents always had wagons that were fantastic for Vacations & Road trips. I have owned several wagons myself. Like my Parents, All GM built Wagons. The weakest part of owning a wagon? The rear windows are never clean. Then add Snow Water & mud. Difficult to see what is behind the Wagon on clear days. Then add the mix of dirt. I remember hauling 4x8 sheets of plywood with back seat down to re-roof home. The day trips with 9 Cousins to parks to swim or to see the Astronauts. No car seats. Well wagons were the best family car ever made. I love how GM made the station wagons like rolling tanks. But drove smooth on almost any road. Interstates is where they shined. Smooth flowing rides with a trailer too. I prefer a 4 door sedan ride & comfort no mater who manufactured them. Most all the stations share parts with 4 door sedans or hard top. Mercury & Mopar had a station wagon hard top. Beautiful for 1960's. Yes I love real Station wagons. They are the best vehicle for a family & a salesmen. Remember riding in our softball coaches wagon to practice. The whole team in his on the road office. The only disadvantage of station wagons? The windows are like a greenhouse & a great place for thieves to go window shopping. Just be careful buying a old wagon. Don't do like I did & bought my last wagon. Electrical was all cut up. It took me 3 months to find & resolve most of the issues.

1989 Buick Electra Estate Wagon
By silveeto

1990 Buick Estate Wagon 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 2011 with only 77,000kms on it (48,000 miles).
All original, unaltered and in near mint condition other than a fried interior blower circuit for the a/c and heat (huge pain in the ass).
Aside from that I LOVED this car and regret selling it.

The classic style of a wood covered station wagon that's been covered in miles of chrome. The luxurious feeling of driving around on what feels like a cloud. The ability to haul 8 people legally or easily load up with standard sized sheet plywood and still have seating for 3 - (that is, if I wanted to risk ruining the flawless interior lol)

Start making them again! ;)

my experience
By wagon nut

i bought this car with 160000 miles on
it and have never had any engine or
mechanical problems with it. the only
thing i ever had to do to it was
replace the valve gasket. this car is
extremly reliable i never had any
problems with it.

my wagon
By ultra_bizkit

1990 Buick Estate Wagon 4dr Wagon

I bought this as my first car. It was
a great car I never had any engine
problems with it and it has 170000
miles on it. My only complaint is the
poor gas mileage. It is great for
going places with all of your friends
and is always and attention getter. So
if you want to be different and can
afford the gas mileage this is your car!

Room to put anything, the tailgate, the fold out bed, unlimited amounts of cool

gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage