Used 2015 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

Googled "why is my Buick falling apart"
By Stephanie

2015 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's a great car if you never use it. My side mirror notification always turns off, the radio always freezes and Bluetooth has a horrible connection. The paint on the buttons has started to come off and the leather portion of my gear shift ripped. The stitching in the leather is coming off too. Am I hard on this vehicle you might ask. The answer is no, I routinely clean it, service it and make sure all is right. I'm proud to have a paid off vehicle! However this car has several disappointed me and I can't wait until I no longer own it. I will never own another Buick.

Can’t believe it’s not a bigger car
By Michigansmitty

2015 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’ve only had for weeks, so reliability unknown, but I have a good feeling about it. Have had great looking and good performing cars in the past. Didn’t expect to be this satisfied. I expect mileage will get better as I get use to the car.

Watch out for:
By Larry Culbertson

2015 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Road noise and seat comfort, poor.

A Hidden Gem
By Harris Winokur

2015 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It is a comfortable car to sit in and drive. Kudos to Buick for a well thought out vehicle

Good comfort and value in a small package
By Richard

2015 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is classified as a "CUV" (compact utility vehicle), not an SUV. It is built on a car chassis, and not designed to be a heavy workhorse. That being said, I have been amazed at what can be transported in it, when the rear seats are folded flat, and the passenger front seat is lowered. This included a large chest of drawers I hauled over 100 miles, with many other items packed around it. It is a perfect "empty nester" car, economical and easy to park and drive. The pluses are a competitive initial cost, very good warranty, good fuel economy (30 mpg overall), and a very quiet ride. The negatives include a somewhat cheap plastic interior, brakes that "moan" sometimes when cold, lack of a built in garage door opener, and lack of a power rear gate. I would also like them to have thought of designing a "scuff plate" below the rear gate, so the paint on the bumper is not scratched when moving items in and out of the back. Overall, I would give it 4 of 5 stars, which is the highest mark I would give any vehicle in this class. The pluses far outweigh the minuses with this vehicle.