Used 2015 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

Very Undependable Vehicle
By Mary

2015 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My husband was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a very aggressive brain tumor, and knowing this his diagnosis would require a dependable vehicle with good gas mileage.to transport him to 2 hours away at U of M for treatments pushed us to buy our Buick Encore. Shortly after buying the vehicle, while en route to U of M, the car broke down due to a coolant leak, which wasn't an easy fix, so we had to leave the car half way into our trip and pick it up several days later. Next, some time of mold was growing in the ventilation system, causing a sour odor to come through the vents. The fix was not really a complete fix. We're stuck with a loud blast of air that comes through the vents, whether we're in or out of the car and whether the engine is running or not - makes me jump out of my skin when we're in heavy traffic, and we have a problem with episodes of musty air. My husband has lung disease, so bad air sends a red flag. Next, the power brake booster went out and then within 2 weeks, the battery died. If I trade the car now, I take a loss in addition to the repair bills I have already paid. We will never buy Buick again.

Googled "why is my Buick falling apart"
By Stephanie

2015 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's a great car if you never use it. My side mirror notification always turns off, the radio always freezes and Bluetooth has a horrible connection. The paint on the buttons has started to come off and the leather portion of my gear shift ripped. The stitching in the leather is coming off too. Am I hard on this vehicle you might ask. The answer is no, I routinely clean it, service it and make sure all is right. I'm proud to have a paid off vehicle! However this car has several disappointed me and I can't wait until I no longer own it. I will never own another Buick.

Can’t believe it’s not a bigger car
By Michigansmitty

2015 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’ve only had for weeks, so reliability unknown, but I have a good feeling about it. Have had great looking and good performing cars in the past. Didn’t expect to be this satisfied. I expect mileage will get better as I get use to the car.

Watch out for:
By Larry Culbertson

2015 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Road noise and seat comfort, poor.

A Hidden Gem
By Harris Winokur

2015 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It is a comfortable car to sit in and drive. Kudos to Buick for a well thought out vehicle