Used 2014 Buick Encore SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Encore for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Excellent car, pass on the navigation

blindqu2285, 05/28/2014
Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We are pleased with everything except the navigation. Worst GPS routing I have ever used. Hard to use as it is voice only and some names not recognized, also GM wants $140 to update map every year. Our TOM TOM comes with free lifetime map updates for less than one GM update -- and it is easier to use. The vehicle is exce;;ent for what we do, lots of long distance driving, a bit small on the inside but perfect for two. We will not use it for anything other than finding an address in town -- if it even can find the address. Do not waste your money on the navigation system. Spend $100 on a portable instead of $800 for the car system.

Dissatisfied with Encore, GM, and the Dealer!

dissatisfied32, 09/03/2014
Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased our Encore brand new. After an initial "honeymoon period", we started having reliability issues. The car has now been repaired three times for suspension noise. It has gotten so bad that the Dealer & GM proposed a "Trade Assist" as they suggested we get rid of the car. Unfortunately the assistance wasn't much. We are very dissatisfied - we have spend endless time on the phone with GM and at the Dealer. I would highly recommend you consider another manufacturer!

First Impression

KJ, 10/13/2015
Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought this used at 23k miles. I'm 6'2" and there's plenty of room for me, front or back. For a 4 cylinder, acceleration was okay except for a slight lag. Handling is nimble with good steering response. Visibility is a problem out the back, especially with back seat passengers so learn to use the camera and side mirrors. Plenty of controls for the driver seat position, even lumbar support, but the seat was feeling a little hard after only an hour of highway driving. The main screen is bright and clear with intuitive controls. Only the driver gets an arm rest. It's odd, but there are only three vent configurations: foot, dash, and windshield. The interior has a refined appearance with a leather wrapped steering wheel and soft-touch dash. An auxiliary jack and USB are easily accessible. Plenty of storage bins and cubbies. The back seat has no air vents, but it does have pull-down drink holders. First impression: a nimble, fun-to-drive SUV that is unexpectedly roomy.

literally a vehicle sent from heaven

wunderman, 11/29/2014
Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my Encore in May, 2014. I wanted a reliable car that would get good gas mileage and satisfactory performance. What I did not pay attention to was safety features but that has changed! I was driving this past Monday prior Thanksgiving and was driving near 70-mph at 10-pm when I fell completely asleep at the wheel. I rifled off the highway here north of Cincinnati and drove head on into a guard rail. I woke up to incredible jerking and twisting due to the collision which ripped guard rail posts, one-after-another, throwing me in a roller coaster ride. The car air bags erupted and the engine fell beneath me. I kicked open the passenger door and walked without harm!

2014 Buick Encore SUV

seanesther, 06/08/2014
Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2014 Buick Encore White perl. About $32,000 before tax for full fully loaded premium AWD 2014 incluing cargo net, organiser, cargo floor, floor mats etc. I have driven it from Seattle to Los Angeles for a week mostly west coast 1 and 101 hwy. Here is what I felt after driving over 1400 miles. 1. Very comfy riding experience, also thx to the noise reduction technology. Stylish exterior and cute design good for 20s 30s female driver. 2. Despite of small suv size, it is roomy inside for 4 ppl. Cargo space is little tight though. 3. No problem merging hwy; however, no confident following another suv up on the mountain hills. I felt little embarrassing.

12345...7