Used 2012 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Oh, how we loved you, until you let us down
By Kevin E.

2012 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were so happy to get our Buick Enclave 2 years ago. It rides very nice. It is quiet. The seats are comfortable. It is easy to drive. While on a trip out west, we noticed the engine feels underpowered with 4 people and luggage traveling through the Rocky Mountains. It struggled going up some hills. All was well though until we hit 68000 miles. It started with the engine shutting off while driving. The power steering went out when this happened making it very difficult to try and steer to get off the road. After this happened 3 times in 2 days, we took it to the dealership. The power steering pump needed replaced, the timing chain needed replaced, and a cam shaft was bad. This came to around $12000. Thank God we purchased an extended warranty when we bought it. It was all covered except for the deductible. After going through that, the vehicle then started making a strange noise whenever we would turn the wheel. The brake booster is also going out. At this point, we decided to trade it in on a new GMC Acadia. I strongly recommend if you buy a used one to purchase an extended warranty. They are known for having timing chain issues (which I did not know when I bought it).

I Would Purchase another Enclave
By N

2012 Buick Enclave Premium Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely LOVE this vehicle!!! It runs soooooooo quietly. She purrs like a kitten. The comfort of the ride and the cabin make it perfect for ling and short trips. And the quality of the leather seats and wood grain appointments on the dash, console and steering wheel give you the feeling of being in a very fine home. Last, but certainly not least, the heated AND cooled seats are gifts from God for the cold winters or backaches and insanely hot summers. I will buy this one again and again and again!!

Americans can build a great SUV!
By John Liftin

2012 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave has great road feel and handling. It also has loads of cargo space. And in six years, I've had zero problems with it.

Quality family car
By Dempsey Robert

2012 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable, spacious, smooth driving and luxurious SUV.

My first BUICK ENCLAVE
By mike

2012 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

IF you decide to buy one then make sure that you have it checked out completely before. you buy . Original owners almost never keep maintenance records . I bought one with 95000 miles on it and it needed a lot of work done because the first owner neglected to take care of the mechanical issues . The Lexus dealer in cool springs was supposed to do a 141 inspection on it according to their list sheet . I found too many things they overlooked and did not mention on the sheet. Tire where bald, front brakes down to the metal, rear brakes almost the same, brake, antifreeze, power steering, and transmission fluids never had been changed .... Front motor mount was leaking oil , engine missing at low speeds and needed plugs . Battery was 6 years old and not holding a charge very good .. After spending around 4000.00 to bring it up to speed I an now be safe to travel in it .. Gas mileage is about 18-20 in town and almost 24 on highway . I liked the vehicle because it's very comfortable . But the Lexus dealer of cool springs did not prepare it like their inspection said when they did it ... i would never buy from them again because of their dishonesty about the vehicle .. they do not care about their customers safety with any used car they sell..