Used 2015 BMW X5 Diesel Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used X5 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2015 bmw xdrive 3.5d

Samk., 02/09/2018
xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

You could call this a three year test drive. I still have the car and probably will for some time to come. I purchased this vehicle because i needed to replace our beloved Honda pilot(2010) and between the third row option and better torque it seemed like a good fit. after almost 19000 miles in 3 years it has been a pleasure to drive, has had no gremlins electronic or mechanical. It has been perhaps twice for service and i have had no issues whatsoever. As service and maintenance is mostly included in purchase price. The diesel has given me excellent mileage so far with excellent off the line acceleration and torque, no problems getting to speed. wind noise and rattles are negligible. back up camera works great, transmission is silky smooth and the engine noise is about as much as a gas engine's noise level when warmed up, there is a slight diesel clatter on cold start. Air conditioner cools very quickly (black on black) on hottest of summer days, sound system has great acoustics. visibility is great, sunroof which is rarely used is quite"panoramic". There is not much to complain about, however if i were to nitpick I would have to say, my steering is too sensitive, it is electrically over boosted, i wish i could dial it down 25%. i like the feel of it in sport mode somewhat better, the running boards as stated by many others are too obtrusive, and should be taken off, the are in the way of ingress and egress, and often when dirty, scuff up my pant leg. But aesthetically they are pleasing so i leave them on. other than that i am very happy and give this suv a 95% score.

Excellent SUV

Diesel Guy, 10/09/2020
xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Having bought this X5 35D X drive new three years ago I can say it has been a dream to own. I optioned it with the dynamic handling package 19" wheels and a number of other options which jumped the price up very quickly but after three years one tends to forget the up front cost and I regret none of the goodies today. Loads of torque and plenty of power for both city and highway driving. I've been on 700 mile plus daily drives and arrive rested. I'm amazed at how agile this heavy mid sized SUV really is. It feels almost like a sedan. Not top heavy at all and very smooth. The seats are supportive both heated and ventilated. The HK sound system is amazing. It is a real shame BMW discontinued diesels in America. Guess I'll just have to keep this one forever.

Good hauler

Sean, 01/17/2016
xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Replacing an E350 wagon is hard, since we still need cargo hauling space and enough back seat room for three teens. Although the X3 had better handling, we couldn't give up the cargo space, so the X5 is the solution for the next 3 years. Only wish I could turn off or stow the nav/radio screen. It's distracting, especially at night.

In the shop after 600 miles

Fred, 12/09/2015
xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I purchased an x5 35d and after 600 miles the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and it was determined that it has a faulty sensor. But because it's a diesel they don't stock the part. It's been three days and still waiting.

Beeming BMW