Used 2015 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

A keeper
By Allen

2015 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

You may be disappointed with dealer trade in valuation.

2015 bmw xdrive 3.5d
By Samk.

2015 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

You could call this a three year test drive. I still have the car and probably will for some time to come. I purchased this vehicle because i needed to replace our beloved Honda pilot(2010) and between the third row option and better torque it seemed like a good fit. after almost 19000 miles in 3 years it has been a pleasure to drive, has had no gremlins electronic or mechanical. It has been perhaps twice for service and i have had no issues whatsoever. As service and maintenance is mostly included in purchase price. The diesel has given me excellent mileage so far with excellent off the line acceleration and torque, no problems getting to speed. wind noise and rattles are negligible. back up camera works great, transmission is silkuy smooth and the engine noise is about as much as a gas engine's noise level when warmed up, there is a slight diesel clatter on cold start. Air conditioner cools very quickly (black on black) on hottest of summer days, sound system has great acoustics. visibility is great, sunroof which is rarely used is quite"panoramic". There is not much to complain about, however if i were to nitpick I would have to say, my steering is too sensitive, it is electrically over boosted, i wish i could dial it down 25%. i like the feel of it in sport mode somewhat better, the running boards that i got in my build as stated by many others are too obtrusive, and should be taken off, the are in the way of ingress and egress, and often when dirty, scuff up my pant leg. But aesthetically they are pleasing so i leave them on. other than that i am very happy and give this suv a 95% score.

"The ultimate driving machine" - True .
By Ed Tamer

2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The "Good" Kept the car for 3 yrs, and it was great. The body is hard and does not ding easy like the Japanese cars. REALLY nice power and transmission and handling. . Climate control and ambiance lighting is great. The navigation is also great. No mechanical problems at all. The bad: The central air vent does not reach high enough to blow air on the driver's face. The brake squeak at times. Outside of that the car has been amazing that I could not part with it at the end of the lease. So I purchased it .

My bmw
By Kaushal Senanayake

I love this car

A Disgrace to BMW
By M

2015 BMW X5 sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

When I first bought this car I thought that it would be a great car. Once I took delivery of the car everything seemed great and perfect. Everything was great the driving the ac. Everything seemed great until exactly a week of driving it that morning I wanted to get into the car but it wouldn't open, so I called roadside assistance they sent a flatbed truck who then jump started the car so then I drove it to the dealership. I gave the dealership the car they told me they were going to fix it after four days they told me to come pick it up when I went to pick it up they told me that there was something wrong with the battery drainage and when I got into the car it said battery failure so I gave it back to them. Then it took them five days to fix it again and every time I called them they would ignore me then it took along time to get it fixed and it didn't get fixed so I gave it back to the dealer which was very hard to give it back to them because they just wanted the money to stay with them. The car turned out to be a lemon and then I felt good that I returned it because if I kept it I would've been keep taking it to them over and over. I wonder how much the "repairs" costed if they weren't covered under the warranty. This car gave a terrible review of BMW and I think they should check their cars better at the factory.