2021 BMW X3 M40i Consumer Reviews

$56,600

Save as much as $3,203
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My first BMW

Matt Strausser, 01/04/2021
M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My first and definitely not last. I'm 6'1" 225 and this fits me well. I also have back issues that I do not experience at all in this vehicle. I looked at all the competitors in this class and for me the BMW won because of the 6 cylinder, the space for rear passengers, and wow is it fun to drive.

So much fun!!

Mk, 12/22/2020
M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Great vehicle Electronics like they suppose, The driving is very engaging,fun great exhaust, not to much but just perfect . Very nimble Just a great all around crossover With good gas mileage for such s powerful engine.

M40 X3 Just about perfect, all-around fun & more..

Mark north Texas, 03/14/2021
M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This makes my 9th. BMW since 1972. I traded a 2019 Porsche Macan GTS for this car. That says a lot. The 2021 X3 M40 has a great & powerful straight 6 that is simply magic. It tools around town but can transform into a brilliant sports hatch w/ a simple click of a switch. Build quality is excellent and I get 31MPG on the highway ( No Porsche Macan in the world comes close.) I wanted a smaller SUV w/o giving up my love a performance cars and this fits the bill perfectly. Do get the $700 optional adaptive suspension as it lets you choose between 5 different settings that will please the driver (all out sport mode for me) and family too. This puts a smile on your face w/ an exhaust note that is deep & throaty when asked to perform. I have driven the 4 cylinder model and honestly the M40 so much more planted that it seems like a different car. The M40 is hands up the best car in this class UNLESS you have $120K spend on the Macan Turbo. The M40 is still more fun. I grin every time I start it up!

M40i

John F, 01/31/2021
M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

They aren't easy to find but well worth the effort.