Used 2008 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (45 reviews )

Very Happy
By Tucker Smith

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 77K on the clock. now at 86. I could not be happier; handles like a Porsche 911.

Disappointed in BMW Engineering
By C.T.

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i have had my 2008 X3 for 5 years now and very disappointed in BMW Engineering, very poor engineering and i had to do repairs frequently, cannot count but the recent one was starter and ipbs switch that costed me $1100.

Good for first 50,000 miles
By JR

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW should really be embarrassed about the long term reliability these little guys have. Someone said it right, they are BMWs (Big Maintenance Waste). At 90,000 miles, the X drive system with the incredibly cheaply made plastic gear (transfer case actuator - google it) went out, both vanos units went out, shifts hard and lunges on inclines, there was about $4,000 of other stuff that I can't even remember the details of and the thing requires 93 octane. Pros: It does stop great for an SUV. It is heavy and feels substantial. I think it would be good in a wreck. My suggestion: buy most any American made small SUV. While not as nice and lacking the two bar emblem, they are more reliable and present less worries about what problems are going to surface when I crank up today. Any Japanese small SUV is more reliable and better made. These American and Japanese models also use the cheapest rot gut gas you can find and you simply hammer down to get from point a to b. BMWs must be babied and the initial cost is truly only the beginning of the heavy cost you will get to experience with an X3.

BMW 2008 X3
By pat

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been a great car! Minimal issues over the 8 years.

Love my X3!
By ECS

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am the second owner of my X3...it is a local car purchased at the BMW dealership and had been serviced there. It now has 95,000 miles on it and I plan to keep for a long time. I have learned that it runs much smoother on 93 octane Shell gasoline. The only issue I have is the tire pressure light is on and numerous people have tried to make it go away with no success...BMW dealership does not recommend spending the money it would cost to clear it. My husband is 6'2" and he does have difficulty getting in the car but finds it roomy enough once he is in!