2018 BMW X1 SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X1 model:

Awful Experience since the beginning
By Rachelle

2018 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I came from being a Mercedes Benz owner to leasing a BMW. I never once had one issue with my MB. Since starting my lease with a brand new BMW X1 I have had issue after issue and the BMW Service department can never find anything wrong. However my trunk opens by itself all the time (just happened again yesterday). Also sometimes the car makes noises that aren't normal. It seems to be falling apart at less than 9,000 miles. The BMW brand logo on the FRONT of the suv is also chipping away. Wow I am sooooo disappointed in this piece of junk. I have called the BMW service department and have been called back saying they would do something but then never heard anything else. Its been over a week and I called again and was taken to voicemail, left a message and .......still guess what .....never was called back. I think they are worried about letting me out of my lease BUT all I want is a car that works!

Zippy SUV
By Susan B.

2018 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Went from a smooth riding Lexus sedan to X1 and I love it. Call it mid-life crisis or whatever...but wanted to drive a fun, sportier car with cargo room and decided on the BMW X1 after researching several other cars in this class. The interior is roomy enough, cargo space is great and I love that it"s not bulky like many other SUV's. Has great power and handles well. One con, if you want to call it a con - the hands free entry is a bit slow to react compared to the Lexus, but I'm sure I'll get used to it - only had it for 2 weeks. All in all, a really cool SUV!

Owner for 1 month
By Dr. Jacqueline Williams

2018 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've owned my new 2018 X1 for exactly one month. I basically enjoy it, however the first week I got a very bad burn on my leg from the exhaust pipe as I was trying to place items in my trunk. Additionally the bumper get extremely hot, as if there is an over heating issue. Needless to say as a result of the burn and overheating I am taking my one month old car into the dealer tomorrow to check on this problem. Overall I enjoy my car, and hope the check up will reveal the origination of the overheating issues.

2018 BMW style
By sam

2018 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My wife has a 2016 X1 x series and loves it. This 2018 s series is great. Ride is tolerable, not the smoothest, acceleration is great, but you get the BMW ultimate driving experience. I recommend ordering the sport seats, which we fortunately got with the car, the sliding rear seats ($300) and the LED lighting. There is not the high level of standard offerings like the X3 or X5 but there is a price point. Wish BMW offered more choices for ambient lighting as only red-orange and white is available, X3 and up offer many more color options. Can't complain as I got great deal on SAV, better than Honda or Subaru Touring models. Check summer offerings....

First BMW...great start!
By Paul

2018 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Excellent purchase experience at the dealership set high expectations for the vehicle. So far, so good, after only two months. Ideal town car for my driving needs. Visually attractive exterior and interior. Very smart design. Very satisfied and looking forward to many years with this vehicle.