Used 2016 BMW X1 Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW X1 Consumer Reviews

xDrive28i 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic - (35 reviews )

Amazing Just wish the made it into an EV
By Rob

2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great ride and storage and space.. height .... everything. Want this to be made into an EV.

Mediocre ride
By Raph

2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have been driving this car for over a month. It’s a loaner from the dealership. While the handling is very good, comfort is pretty bad and the vehicle is really noisy. The engine is adequate for this size and the car looks great. Also my phone is often not recognized and I can’t control it from the entertainment system. GPS is good. The dar is full of little noises and road noise is incredibly loud.

X1 Beamer
By Scott

2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The reason I only gave 4 stars and not 5 is purely due to the fact we've only had the car 3 weeks. I test drove and researched similiar models for over a month and it came down to the X1 and Q3 Audi. In the end, the dealership made us a fantastic offer, and were just more attentive to us as the customer. The X1 just felt better behind the wheel (side not - we own an Audi) and the little extra HP in the X1helps with these 4 -cyl engines.

Love the x1
By Juju

2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great visibility , handling , breaking , comfort , small and easy to drive ! Difficult criteria to find all in one vehicle , I found it in the X1.
A year later , still LOVE my x1, not a fan of the run flat tires you need to change them all if something happens to one tire, thankfully they were able to do a repair on one tire for $80 . The fold down seats are a great and very useful feature!

Exactly what I was looking for
By kayos

2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My commute used to be 4 miles, so I bought a cute little Mercedes coupe. Then my commute changed and was taking 2 busy highways for 45 minutes. I felt very insecure in my little car. I really like driving a car, so although I wanted a higher vehicle, I didn't look forward to the parking issues of having a bigger vehicle. Then I came across the X1. It is actually 6" shorter than my coupe was and not much wider. However, it has the height I wanted, and great interior and cargo space! Just blown away! When I test drove it, I immediately felt comfortable with the location of all the controls. I am only 5'4" and everything is easily reached. I've always really liked the controls to be in the gear shift area and using a dial. Someone commented it isn't safe to look down. You aren't supposed to look at it at all. That is the point of it being down there, so you can adjust things by touch instead of by sight. You just need to learn where the buttons are and how to use the dial effectively. The visibility is great and since I don't have any depth perception, I LOVE the parking help. Now I can go around tight spaces without worrying about hitting something. There are 2 negatives only, the rear window is small and blocked by the rear center head rest. I'll just fold down the center to improve viewing. Also, the seat is very firm. I'll have to bring a seat pad for long trips. For a daily driver with lots of stop and go traffic, I am ecstatic. It is great looking and fun to drive. ***update after driving for a month. The seat has softened from use, so now it is quite comfortable.