Used 2018 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 7 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

great sedan

C Brunson, 01/26/2018
740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I love this car. I had been shopping for a sedan with a roomy back seat because it's hard getting in and out of the back seat of a 5-series. 5-series is a terrific car, but not for more than two adults. The 7-series fixes that and I no longer have to take out guests in my crew-cab truck to make sure that everyone has plenty of legroom. Auto manufacturers are all going with electronic gimmickry these days and BMW is no different. The 'swipe-or-twirl-to-change' feature should never have been developed or added; it's stupid, and BMW could have spent that $$ to standardize their collision-avoidance tech or hardware. The hot-spot works well depending on your carrier, I guess. No, the car doesn't handle or track like an E-30, but this is a big sedan and I don't think the people that buy the 7s are too concerned with how fast it hustles around COTA or the 'Ring. That's why you buy an M3. This car will provide a quiet, smooth ride for hundreds of miles at any speed you are comfortable driving. It is amazingly quiet and smooth at triple digits. I lease this vehicle, so maintenance and warranty and resale are not an issue for me. I think the car looks great as well. The car is well-proportioned and the styling is distinctive but subtle. I don't like the designs from Benz or Lexus or Cadillac and would not drive any of them. The interior is well laid-out and there are buttons and knobs for just about everything. There is a lot of technology and swiping if you want to use it, but you don't have to. Head-up display is better than just a couple of years ago. The lane position feature takes a little getting used to, but it is helpful and you can turn it off if you find it too obtrusive. Driving position is very adjustable and my 5-2 wife can get comfortable while my 6-1 self can also find a good driving position. Transmission is good and you have to pay attention to notice the shift points. Steering is light and road feedback is minimal, but again, if you want a track car, get an M2 or M3. The run-flats on this vehicle are surprisingly good despite the low profile and width. There's really only one thing that I wish BMW would add, and that is an audible alert (and a popup on the HUD) when one of your favorites comes up on satellite radio. Value is subjective. My dad sees cars as appliances and drives a wonderful Honda and loves it. On the other hand, he wears Hickey Freeman suits where I wear what find on sale at Dillard's. I am very happy with the car I have and I'm willing to pay what it costs for this level of comfort, quiet and performance. This is a great car and as Ferris said, 'If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.'

The best full size 2018 luxury automobile

craig from reno, 03/25/2018
740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

don't bother paying an additional $ 13,000 for the V-8 750i model......the 740i engine is powerful enough and the acceleration is great.....

Insulate yourself from the world

G Kerr, 06/05/2018
740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Air suspension puts the car in the pantheon of Rolls Royce and Bentley. Self driving features are a pleasant surprise. Interior is symphony of plush materials and exquisite details. The nightime visuals of the interior are an alternate reality. Tech and gadgetry can overwhelm the uninitiated. I ralleyed against this car my whole life as a long time BMW enthusiast. I thought, who would buy a 7 series but an old geezer? On my third 7 series at age 52. Life can teach you what you haven’t learned. Privelage to arrive anywhere in a 7 series.

An excellent automobile.

Douglas M, 01/16/2020
750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned 3 BMW's, the last two were the 750LI's and now I am looking at the 750I. I have had no major problems at all. They ride smooth and handle well. I do not like the run flats so chuck those after 10K miles. I have AAA if I have a flat, but never have. So I love this car. Biggest down side is the value drops faster than brick from the roof of your house. New one's are mainly leased and the $50K loss in the first year can be someone else's problem. Buy a one to two old one with 8K to 15K miles with 2 plus years of warranty and you will have a winner. I drive them 4 to 5 years and just give to one of the kids, as it is still a great car. Only way to own a BMW 7 series or a Mercedes s 560. I had a Mercedes CL65 and it lived in the shop, so not going that way again. So buy a 7 series, feel like a king........

Luxury at its Best

E.Faye Parker, 12/26/2017
750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I can not give this car the review it deserves. But so far this car is phenomenable. It is new and I have not had time to evaluate everything you want me to answer. It does everything but drive itself. I am still learning the many capacities of this vehicle. If I did not check Great-it simply means I have not gotten that far tested or evaluated that aspect. (This statement is still valid). I have no idea of MPG of gas. I fill up at the half full mark and drive). 3Jan 2020 The car has been reliable so far. I have no complaints at this point. I feel that the technology (from what I have read) is right on point. I am still enjoying my car.