Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Love it!
By John

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my '07 with 126000 miles on it. I now have 296000 and am debating keeping it until I hit 500k. I drive about 4800 miles per month in Colorado and have had it in deep snow (above the whel center) and in mud in the mountains. I've never been stuck and it does better than my SUV. I'm not the gentlest driver and tow a 3500 lb trailer with it. I've had minimal problems. I do my own maintenance and find that parts are reasonable and in many cases cheaper than that for an American vehicle (my other cars). Don't buy from the dealer. These cars are well thought out and easy to work on. I've changed the altenator ($150 wearable item), ignition packs ($200 normal 100k maintenance), transfer case gear ($60), four sets of tires (I drive a lot), oil changed every 10k miles (10 minutes to do). My first brake change is coming up but I can get all new good quality rotors and pads for around $200. I do have to replace the transfer case but I picked up a used one for under $300 with under 100k miles on it. It's a total of 19 bolts and about 6 hours of work. The only complaint I have is that the "lifetime" oil in the transfer case is not and needs to be checked around every 50k miles. Its about $70 per quart from the dealer. That's what caused my transfer case to fail.

Love my Beemer!
By blondie

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been an awesome car. Bought it in 2010 as a certified pre-owned. Thinking of selling it only because I saw a 2007 650 convertible that I fell in love with. Not as practical for sure but gorgeous. This car handles well in Chicago winters, has beautiful lines, is very comfortable in front and back seats, large trunk for my real estate signs. May not trade it as it IS so practical and has had very few mechanical issues. I highly recommend!

Excellent Car
By Biswarup Syam

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We have owned this car for 10 years. It is a joy to Drive. Great handling, cruising at high speeds is effortless without a sound.steering, brakes are wonderful.we have driven this car all over Northeast, in the snow as well. All wheel drive helps. We have had great fun driving this car! Very reliable and great BMW service.

I'd buy it again
By Stacy sipes

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fast, sporty but elegant, reliable but expensive to maintain

It's all a Lie!
By A. Velasquez

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I will NEVER buy or lease a BMW, way overrated, and it's a money pit!