Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used 3 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Still great - except run flats?

Robola2, 10/05/2006
2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After nearly 10K miles I stll have a very positive assessment of this car with the exception of the run flat tires. I had to wait nine days for a replacement of a 17" Bridgestone that was ruined by running over a bolt. I have learned that frquently monitoring correct air pressure is critical and any operation of the vehicle at incorrect pressures will distort the tires and make them permanently very noisy. This seriously detracts from the overall driving experience.

My favorite car

1986pacecar, 02/18/2010
2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a certified car nut having owned probably 25 cars over the past 30 years and this is my favorite car hands down. I've owned faster cars and more luxurious cars but none as enjoyable to drive as my 325xi. My other car is a 99 Corvette and I can tell you I would feel much more confidant driving my BMW at 150 any day of the week. The Vette feels like a rattle trap compared to the BMW and the silky smoothness of the engine and drivetrain is amazing. My car's got 47,000 miles on it but is tighter and smoother than the brand new 2008 Chevy Malibu it replaced.

Spectacular BMW 3 Series

NL, 08/27/2008
2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car for people that enjoy driving. I have had the car for over 2 years - it still exceeds my expectations. By far the best car I have owned. Great handling, brakes and power. The engine revs like a turbine, it is silky smooth all the way to the limit, torque is constant. Keeping the rpm above 3500 will delight the most performance minded driver (manual transmission recommended). And since this was designed for sportiness, it will do this all day long. The car seems to glide over the road, over rough surfaces and in turns. Inside the car is amazingly quiet and extremely comfortable (possibly a little low for some to climb out of). It is the right size for just about everything

4.5 out of 5 stars

enjoying it

Wadd, 12/28/2005
2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far so good - nice ride quality, great fit and finish, good power in midrange, and responsiveness of controls (steering, brakes, shift lever)is spot on. Mileage so far is quite good (about 30 on HWY), and car still only has 2300 miles on it, so it will only improve. Interior is a truly pleasant place to be. Dealership experience has been very good so far - they have been courteous, informative etc. No complaints there. I'm surprised the guy below has had such problems with his wagon over the last 5 months. Especially considering that to my knowledge, the '06 wagon only hit the showroom floor in November...

325xi wagon

robola, 02/25/2006
2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car comes as close as I could imagine to an ideal all around car. It is entertaining to drive, exceedingly competent in all weather conditions and has attention to detail and build quality that are both beyond reproach and a source of joy everytime I drive the car. The wagon version gives a lot of flexibility to configure the space behind the driver and front passenger to accomodate a variety of gear and from my perspective the rear hatch is actually more attractive than the trunk on the sedans.