Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 3 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Still great - except run flats?

Robola2, 10/05/2006
325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After nearly 10K miles I stll have a very positive assessment of this car with the exception of the run flat tires. I had to wait nine days for a replacement of a 17" Bridgestone that was ruined by running over a bolt. I have learned that frquently monitoring correct air pressure is critical and any operation of the vehicle at incorrect pressures will distort the tires and make them permanently very noisy. This seriously detracts from the overall driving experience.

My favorite car

1986pacecar, 02/18/2010
325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a certified car nut having owned probably 25 cars over the past 30 years and this is my favorite car hands down. I've owned faster cars and more luxurious cars but none as enjoyable to drive as my 325xi. My other car is a 99 Corvette and I can tell you I would feel much more confidant driving my BMW at 150 any day of the week. The Vette feels like a rattle trap compared to the BMW and the silky smoothness of the engine and drivetrain is amazing. My car's got 47,000 miles on it but is tighter and smoother than the brand new 2008 Chevy Malibu it replaced.

enjoying it

Wadd, 12/28/2005
325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far so good - nice ride quality, great fit and finish, good power in midrange, and responsiveness of controls (steering, brakes, shift lever)is spot on. Mileage so far is quite good (about 30 on HWY), and car still only has 2300 miles on it, so it will only improve. Interior is a truly pleasant place to be. Dealership experience has been very good so far - they have been courteous, informative etc. No complaints there. I'm surprised the guy below has had such problems with his wagon over the last 5 months. Especially considering that to my knowledge, the '06 wagon only hit the showroom floor in November...

Great Automobile

Chris Marti, 02/13/2006
325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first choice purchase and after looking at many, many competitors I know I was right to buy this great, great automobile. It's the perfect combination of luxury, style and performance. The iDrive is a good option, despite what many reviewers say about it, and make sure to get the Sirius satellite radio option. The traction and handling available from the all wheel x- drive option is perfect for Illinois winters.

Superb Sport Wagon

Derek Simpkins, 03/16/2006
325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The new 325 XiT is a superbly designed wagon that is a joy to drive. Coming from a 330i sedan, I was somewhat skeptical that the 325 engine would have enough power, but it is more than adequate unless you are seeking a dragster. The versatility of the wagon, the X-drive, the exterior design and amazing features like the panorama sunroof all combine to make this machine the ultimate wagon. With perfect 50:50 F/R weight distribution and X-drive, this car has amazing cornering capabilities and the same wonderful steering found all of the 3 series.