Used 2014 Audi R8 Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi R8 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R8 model:

One month review
By DL

2014 Audi R8 V8 quattro Spyder 2dr Convertible AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in older 911 4S for this. The R8 is a lovely car - the manual is buttery smooth and handling is good. Interior quality and design is excellent. The V8 is strong but not supercar fast. Downsides are limited storage (as expected), older MMI, no Bluetooth music, USB to phone dongle is poorly designed (it's too short and requires an extension cord for your phone).

Finally the S Tronic
By reality5

2014 Audi R8 V8 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 7AM)

This is the 4th R8 I have owned & it is by far the best . Dumped my 012 V10 R-Tronic
black optic edition for a 2014 V8 w/ S -Tronic . I love this car , smooth , powerful & sounds great . Comfortable for longer drives it is like they say.. an every day sports car .
Gets a lot of attention when I park it , people love the car .

Engine & trans combo provides clean smooth power any time you want it . Really you cannot use the whole amount of power available safely on a public street . The AWD keeps the car feeling planted & the precise handling comes from the magnetic suspension . Ordered car with all carbon fiber options as I am obsessed w/ carbon . The interior detail & craftsmanship is outstanding . Red exterior with carbon blades & carbon engine dressing which Audi really beefed up for 014 ... thanks , the whole compartment is carbon trimmed .

Stereo & nav system need serious updating . I am not a fan of B&O systems . Being an audiophile I find they are not crisp & clean enough for my taste , so I added a custom enclosure on the back deck but was limited in space . J&L audio done by a award winning installer in MI . Sounds great . Do not need nav as when I am driving this car I simply do not care where the heck I am going ! Thanks Audi !!!! G