Used 2007 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews

Used Q7 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

A big lemon I want to love.

Rich Argentieri, 04/18/2016
4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Let me start out by saying that we absolutely love the look and performance of this vehicle.... when it's working. The electrical system in this car is complete junk. We have had repeated issues with the keyless entry, keyless ignition, rear gate closure, trailer electrical (lights won't work), air suspension, window switches, and now the HVAC fan motor is squeaking. Each trip to the dealer averages $1,200-$1,500 for repairs. Both Maplewood Audi and Audi of Minneapolis have the most lackluster service departments (they are owned by the same company, so if you're in the Twin Cities you're S.O.L.). I want to state again, that my wife and I love our Q7 when it's working. However, the service costs are obscene. Also, I have a 2014 Porsche Cayenne and I'm starting to have the same electrical/sensor gremlins creeping in. The only thing that makes it tolerable is that our Cayenne is under warranty, but it still sucks to drop it off for maintenance every 5,000-10,000 miles because a sensor or system is malfunctioning. I think we are going to avoid products from Volkswagen Group until they shape up on the electrical front.

Great car with unfortunate design flaws

Leaking Audi, 12/05/2010

All cars have + & -; from a high end luxury SUV you expect mostly +. That's the case. My problem was leaking draining tubes resulting in water in the front passenger well and in the back, invisibly in the area with the unprotected amplifier, MMI, GPS units. Result: all failed + battery drained. Cost:$3,500 (not covered by warranty). That's the most disturbing part to me: this car has been maintained by Audi as recommended but I still end up with a problem I could not avoid. This is not compatible with the premium price you pay for a Q7, you expect peace of mind. Moreover it is a known problem since Audi/VW lost a class action suit on this problem. Details at LeakingAudi website and Twitter.

Worth the wait

jim, 11/21/2006

We ordered our S-line Q7 in August... well worth the wait! The driving experience is everything we expected and more. The motor sounds authoritative and has plenty of power. Seating is comfortable with plenty of head room for the tall ones. Third row seat is designated for small passengers on short trips. Once we became familiar with the MMI and other options they were very user friendly and worth the time to learn. We live in a warm climate and had solar tint installed on the sunroof which helps with reflective heat. Learned the battery is under the drivers seat and will need to take to dealer to get battery replaced. Why? (Bummer). Overall great ride and meets our expectations on all fronts.

Yes it's good looking but not reliable

armen, 11/08/2006

All I can say that the car looks good inside and out. But unfortunately I had the car less than two weeks and 500 miles, car check engine light came on and the car started to choke and transmission started to stall and oil light came on and its been in the shop for 5 days already and the good part is that they don’t have a clue what is going on with the car.

One week into my 3.6 Premium ownership

Stephen Silva, 09/07/2006

Well, so far the Q7 has met my expectations. The handling is smooth, precise and powerful. Found out that my Q7 has no air conditioner for the two seats in the very back when my two nephews sat there last weekend. Bummer. On our trip to Santa Barbara on Saturday the temperature was well over 90 and the sunshade covering the panorama sun roof was doing little to keep the sun and heat out. My head was baking. Why not a solid sun roof cover to keep the sun and heat out? Went to a window tinting place in Van Nuys, CA to have the entire sunroof and the little sun roof at the very back tinted with a new film that has ceramic in it. Cuts the heat but not dark. Seems effective so far.

12345...18