Used 2007 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Great car, Water leaks from de roof
By José Obeso

2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Expensive repairs, and parts

A big lemon I want to love.
By Rich Argentieri

2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Let me start out by saying that we absolutely love the look and performance of this vehicle.... when it's working. The electrical system in this car is complete junk. We have had repeated issues with the keyless entry, keyless ignition, rear gate closure, trailer electrical (lights won't work), air suspension, window switches, and now the HVAC fan motor is squeaking. Each trip to the dealer averages $1,200-$1,500 for repairs. Both Maplewood Audi and Audi of Minneapolis have the most lackluster service departments (they are owned by the same company, so if you're in the Twin Cities you're S.O.L.).

I want to state again, that my wife and I love our Q7 when it's working. However, the service costs are obscene. Also, I have a 2014 Porsche Cayenne and I'm starting to have the same electrical/sensor gremlins creeping in. The only thing that makes it tolerable is that our Cayenne is under warranty, but it still sucks to drop it off for maintenance every 5,000-10,000 miles because a sensor or system is malfunctioning. I think we are going to avoid products from Volkswagen Group until they shape up on the electrical front.

Nice ride with a price
By Tanner

2007 Audi Q7 4.2 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Buying an Audi you buy a very comfortable ride but wih that ride it comes with a price. Having owned a Q7 the ride quality was very nice but however it "nickeled and dimed me" however I wish they were just nickels instead of thousands and thousands in repair costs. Materials are very nice and easily accessible. The third row seat is tight but for kids it's fine. The styling of the exterior is what I believe to be one of the best looking SUV on the market.

lasting quality through the years
By cosicoop5

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Q7 for 10 years and have loved it since day one. This is the only car I have kept for this length of time in my life and the reason is, it never disappoints. For a family of 5 it has been a great traveling car and very comfortable and convenient for every day carpooling and regular use. No major problems popped up along the way, just the usual...squeaking breaks, break replacement a few times, tire replacement 3 times and leather cracking in the driver's seat base (5 inches long) and passenger seat. Check-ups and other service visits usually end up over $500 a piece, but overall the car has been wonderful to have, reliable and very comfortable. I have loved owning an Audi so much that I may consider a smaller Audi model but I still need to evaluate if I want to pay the hefty service fees (as I have 2 kids in college at the moment), that aside I think I am going to keep this one to the end. I'm almost afraid to get something else because I have enjoyed owning this car so much!

Disasterous Q7 experience
By horribleq7

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where do I start? 2000km off warranty, the engine blew up and cost $15k to replace and install. the brakes have been replaced a dont know how many times(last count 4). Brand new exhaust system installed at 100k kms @$3800; and now a new fuel tank to the tune of $3200 and $1200 in labour. Car has only ever been serviced at Audi dealers. This is my 5th audi in 13 years and will be my last. Audi Canada has been very difficult to deal with and unresponsive. The obviously have no idea how much it costs to create the type of brand loyalty they r losing. As I type, i am booking a test drive in the 2013 BMW 5 series sport wagon. Good by and good ridance Audi. I should have done this long ago.