Used 2014 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Paid a lot of money for a break down vehicle
By Tony Petreski

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Ahhh where do I begin! This was my second Audi, had a 2012 and had issues around 30,000 miles with oil consumption, breaks squeaking, things falling a part on the inside console so I traded it in after 2 years and got the 2014 model, what an idiot! The 2014 started to have oil consumption just like the 2012 model, and at 85,000 miles the timing chain started to have an issue, so I called Audi and they told me that the car has only 50,000 miles warranty and after that I'm on my own to pay for repairs, so I'm warning everyone out there not to purchase any of the vehicles that Audi makes or is affiliated with unless you like getting your new car fixed and paying for it.

Rollin' Down the Highway and Queen of the Road
By Sherrill L.

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

So what would make me the Queen? Great looks, performance and comfort. Decent gas mileage is a factor but not the whole story. Can you see everywhere around the car? Is it comfortable to sit in but also to be a passenger? Can I hear music of my choice playing through a great sound system? Am I warm enough or cool enough? Does the car start immediately and without drama? And Rollin' Down the Highway with that smooth ride pulls it together. I might even be shallow enough to admit that the car suits my self image. But where oh where is a usb port? It doesn't exist in this 2014 Audi Q5. Some of us might even like to play things from an old ipod or charge our phones directly without the little lighter adapter. Bluetooth is fine but it's just another interface. But I am still the Queen.

audi awesome
By jeff olomon

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

so far so good. City mpg is 22.5. This summer I'll check the hwy mpg when I drive to the west coast. Performance and comfort and top notch. If I had to say anything negative it would be the fan controls for air temp is a 2-step process. Also the steering wheel blocks the odometer and outside temp display. I still haven't figured out what the rear fog lamps are all about. Nice driving car.

Unexpected issues for a premium car
By Anita

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Like mentioned in another review, the timing tensioner caused a check engine light to turn on at approx. 74K miles and after several times of resetting the light, it refused to go away. My dealership finally took it in and called me initially to repair it for $1,800, which they said if I don't take care of will cost 8K worth of damage. They were not able to give me a cause for it and I told them to give me the quote and details and I will take it and fix it for cheaper elsewhere. Then they said they will contact Audi and call me back if anything can be done. After a few hours they called and said Audi would cover the entire cost and they repaired it within 24 hrs for no cost. I am happy they did that, but I am sure this has affected the value of my car and my fear of something else going wrong with it. I bought this car brand new thinking I will not have to deal will damages from low quality build and not including the regular maintenance I take it for, I have had to go to the dealership many more times for fixing recalls and other minor sensor issues. Right now my navigation and media system stopped working after they fixed the engine issue and I am not sure how to connect the two incidents. The dealerships have been pretty good , but I am highly disappointed with the low quality of the car itself.

Beware timing chain tensioner at 75k miles!!
By Peter Pan

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The 2.0l engine has a poorly designed timing chain tensioner which is prone to failure around 75k miles - and will take your engine with it. There is a class action lawsuit about the problem (google it). The car also does not hold its value well - I’m told due to lack of reliability and sky high repair costs. That said, until the timing chain failed it was fun to drive and had been pretty reliable. However, at 74k miles when the timing chain tensioner failed, the engine repair costs exceeded the blue book value of the car (4.5 years old). The navigation system was clunky, it had no USB ports, and poor user interface for such an expensive car.