Used 2010 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (59 reviews )

2010 Auid Q5 Quattro Premium 3.2 V6
By Mark

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned. My previous car was a Land Rover LR2 which had the best ride of any car even better than the Audi. However i love the Audi. great gas mileage, lots of power and it is very reliable. Have had it for one year and bought it at 90k miles, it now has 104k miles. The only issue that I have had is the Panoramic sunroof fabric shade. I retracted it all the way and now it is stuck there. I guess what happens is the strips glued on to the underside of the fabric that the retracting motor uses to retract it, came unglued. It is something that I will fix myself since have that ability and there is a good youtube video for it. But if you are considering buying a used Audi Q5 go for it, itis an excellent car!

Car I s good but repair is expensive
By Beegee

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I Wii prefer to buy any Japanese car instead of German car.

$ Bang for your Buck $
By Jack Irwin

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned and sold several Audi Q5's over the years. I think the 2010 model type is one of the most dependable and overall well rounded versions of this car available. the newer smaller displacement, forced induction engines with he 8speed transmission are nice, and the gas millage is better but the reliability is worrisome and costly. Of course you should purchase ANY luxury/GERMAN vehicle with concerns regarding maintenance and price, because it will happen eventual on any make/model at any time. Having said that, Audi's are by far the best value in class. they are more sporty than their counterparts with a younger more sleek feeling. The 2010 Q5 drive smooth and easy at low speeds, and is tight and responsive at high speeds. the car feels as good to drive as it looks going down the road for thousands less than its competitors, or a new model for that matter. buy one with a few miles for under 20K and you will have a good car for years to come, so long as you get the maintenance plan as well! very well put together, inside and out.

Have enjoyed driving this car
By Sue Phillips

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Trade in and resale values don't hold

My 6 year old 2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Totally Undriveable
By Angry Audi Q5 Driver

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It's a beauty on the outside, but mechanically if you buy one anything can go wrong. Sure my car had 91,000 miles on it and had Carfax Service records. So far after owning it for only 6 months, it's already has had to have a complete front end re-done, hoses replaced, they still can't figure out what's wrong with the steering that 'chatters' when you turn to the left that was $3,000 worth of work. But what has happened now is that I was noticing the anti-freeze disappearing but no leaking. The oil cap was milky which meant the antifreeze was leaking into the engine and you could watch it disappearing. I had the car towed to the Audi mechanic. The warranty I bought for $3,000 isn't worth the paper it's written on, they have loop holes in it so they don't have to fix it. Basically the engine needs to be replaced. According to the mechanic the engine is so difficult to disassemble and tons of man hours and dollars, it's easier to replace than taking it apart. So now I have no car to drive. I have over the years owned used cars from Mercedes to BMW's and have never had a problem with high miles. This car is a joke. My only resolve is to turn it back into the bank and then I will be stuck with the residual to pay for years. Anyone have any ideas? Or heard of this kind of car tragedy? Update: The dealership refuses to do anything about it. The credit union can't do anything about it. How can they in all consciousness sell you a car that is a lemon?
UPDATE:
The car ended up having $7k worth of work to get the thing running again. It then started to over heat. I had to turn the car back into my bank and I had to take a hit on my credit because of it. I wasn't about to pay over $25k for a car that kept breaking down. I called the Audi Corporate office, of course nothing they could or would do so Audi lovers beware, there are bad cars out there that will break you! Other Audi owners of this model and make have made the same comments to me (I ask when I see one) no good engines in these cars. I loved the look of it, the way it handled etc. but their engines suck! Thanks Audi for ruining my credit!!