Used 2013 Audi allroad Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi allroad Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad model:

Both elegant and practical
By Susan

2013 Audi allroad Premium quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love my audi all road wagon - it handles well in all kinds of weather, and is fun to drive. I feel very safe when I am driving, no matter the conditions of the roads.

Just about the best car I have ever owned
By Peter Hunt

2013 Audi allroad Premium Plus quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Buy with confidence, it's a delight. It works as a car and as well as a wagon. Besides that it is one of the most attractive set of wheels on the road.

Solid Replacement for the A4 Wagon
By Brian in Wexford PA

2013 Audi allroad Premium Plus quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Picking up an allroad slightly used was the only way we could find to replace our beloved 2007 A4 wagon. We still have the wagon but since it has 146,000 miles we decided to "leave" the wagon to our daughter. It's a great replacement and is performing well. The 8-speed transmission is butter (no, I did not mean better).

Great mover
By Mike K

2013 Audi allroad Prestige quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought this car to replace a 2002 S6 because my wife really likes wagons. Moved our daughter from Humboldt over the weekend driving 14 hours straight. The wagon swallowed a ton on accumulated stuff, handled the twists and turns of highway 101 like a sports car and was a very comfortable cruiser on Interstate 5. The engine had plenty of power for passing but I had to use the paddle shifters because in drive mode the transmission kept the higher gear too long which made for a jerky ride when you were trying to shoot the gaps. The sport mode shifted sooner but I didn't want to pay the gas penalty.
Overall it is a comfortable cruiser and 14 hours behind the wheel was not an issue. I highly recommend this car.

All Road is Not All That
By Jeff Murtle

2013 Audi allroad Premium Plus quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Let's start by saying this car (type) is the ideal car for me. Space for cargo--although not as much as one would think--car-like handling and great style. Audi builds great looking cars. My issues are with maintenance and driving performance. MAINTENANCE: had to replace tires, rotors and brake pads at 20,000 miles. Have a mystery rattle that was never found so the premium Audi came in handy to drown it out. Great sound system. DRIVING CHARACTER: Coming from an Avante, the driving characteristics of the All Road are not as refined or sporty. Little more body roll in corners and some squirlyness on imperfect roads. I would advise not buying with the upgraded 19" wheels as they render the car useless in snow or conditions where Quattro will be functionally useful. Look good but compromise ride quality. Ask the 8-speed dual-cutch transmission is clunky at low speeds. Finally, Audi decontented the cars packaging from the avant. Many of the handy cubbies and drawers were taken away in this iteration of their wagon class. Ironic, considering it's positioned as an activity vehicle. THE GOOD: The car does accelerate nicely when asked to and the fit and finish is really good. Cabin noise is very quiet. Looks great, alright the front end styling is a bit soft. Subjective. I'm stepping out of my All Road into the new Golf Soortwagon after looking at the BMW wagon--very pricey--the Volvo V60--no paddles on the R Design AWD--and stellar reviews on the Golf. It's good all around, sans AWD, and is a great value.