Used 2000 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Fun car, NOT RELIABLE
By Farid S

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I loved this car, I had a 2.7 bi turbo that i bought from a friend with a rack and pinion leak. well I wish that was the only problem. Unfortunately the dual mass fly wheel went out at 140k and so did the Abs module. the dealer ship gave me a $6500 estimate to repair a car that was worth of $2500. So i sold the car for dirt cheap. over all it was awesome on the highway, but i signed at launch. I got gaped pretty bad by a 2017 v6 Camaro but once i reached 60 I flow by him. It's a fun daily driver but only if you have a ton of money to keep up with maintenance.

Learned my lesson
By Ed

2000 Audi A6 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

I was thrilled after a couple of good years to be able to buy my 2000 A6 Avant in CASH in the spring of 2000. The car looked good, handled like a dream, acceleration was OK, and it had a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. I forked over the $39K and proudly drove my car home. After a week, the dash light up with the check engine light. This was a light that I would become far more acquainted with over the 9 years that I owned the car. The first incident was an O2 sensor. "No problem" I thought, as the dealership assured me that they had a loaner car. Well the loaner turned out to be the mechanic's eight-year-old personal project car - with no radio. There was a gaping hole filled with wires where the radio should have been, but it got me to work for two days while my car was in the shop. Over the 9 years that I owned this thing, six years without warranty, it cost me over $16K in REPAIRS (and I'm not counting oil changes and tires in this figure). That check engine light would come on, and the car would eat another $2-4K in repairs. I had the propellor (drive) shaft replaced twice, the airbag control computer once, brake jobs cost over $1000... it was ridiculous. And ALL of the work had to be done by an authorized Audi dealer. The dealer that I brought the car to also would fix one thing, and break something else. "It was like that when you came in" they would claim. Letters to Audi went unanswered and I got fed up with the whole "Audi Experience." When the car finally clocked 106,000 miles, I sold it in a private sale for $5K and gave the buyer a new set of snow tires, and was happy to see it go. Yes it drove beautifully when it was new, and Quattro is a fantastic all-wheel drive system, but the lack of support from Audi and their crappy dealers made me swear off another Audi. NEVER AGAIN!

Oldie but goodie
By Christina Jacklin

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Excellent mileage, awesome comfort and I am so happy with the cost when I purchased it and overall excellent vehicle for all ages. As far as cost to repair well let's just say it's European. I am absolutely satisfied with my used 2000 Audi A6 Quattro

2000 Audi A6 quattro 2.7t My green alligator
By Richard Tanguay

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Like many others have said, expensive car to buy, will go anywhere in the snow, lots of power with the twin turbos, but after about 60,000 miles lots of leaks and sensor problems. Spent about equal time driving and being in the service station. Vacuum leaks, cam shaft seal leaks, valve cover leaks, axle leaks. Just about every week, something new comes up to fix and the repair bills were about $4,000 per year. Figured I better get rid of it before the turbos, engine, or transmission need replacing because those thing would cost me more than the car was valued at. I did keep the car for about 16 years, but if I had to do it over again I wouldn't by an Audi (way overpriced), or if I did, I would sell it at about 60,000 miles. They do not hold their value well.
On a positive note, one of the best things about the Audi was after 16 years, there was no rust anywhere on the vehicle. Audi did an excellent job with metal finishing and plastic protecting guards underneath the vehicle to limit corrosion on these New England salted roads. In closing, my personal experience with the A6 is that it just keeps eating away at my wallet, my green alligator. Never another Audi for me.

What Should I Do?
By GodBlessAudi

2000 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

99,000 miles, no hard driving or accident, decently maintained. Here are quote for repairing items from local dealer "Biener Audi" today. $580.- Front break pads and rotors $560.- Rear break pads and rotors $165. Coolant tank reservoir $800. Radiator $1100. Exhaust complete $1100. Both front lower control/wishbone suspension arms $192.- An hour & a half diagnosis $1600. Timing belt w/all rollers & water pump thermostat $400. Mirror (rusted because water sipping in) $800.- LED dashboard Total: $7,297. What should I do?

Loved the LED dashboard before it went out and became completely unreadable.

Quality. Quality. Quality. Reliability. Reliability, Reliability.