Used 1998 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

20 year old car
By Robert Smith

1998 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

great ride but too many electronic glitches

20 years old, drives like new!
By Dan

1998 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is far ahead of its time, drives amazing, handles well, responsive, and very clean and easy to operate... I have no idea why it doesn't seem to hold it's value better... at least this vehicle is exceptional... I did put some work and $$ to get everything like new, but still seems like I well under paid compared to how it performs...

If I could buy a new car like this one I would.
By Martin Mirsky

1998 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I was initially impressed with how solid and tight this car was from day one. The styling of this car has endured the test of time and have always enjoyed and been a proud owner of this car. Parting with it has not been easy. The only negative has been the pickup on it this car which is a bit slow for my taste. The Bose sound system has been just fantastic and still is. I elected to get an option for anti-corrosion and there is not a bit of rust after suffering years of Michigan winters and salty Florida coastlines. The seats are still in great shape and extremely comfortable. The newer Audis are much stiffer now and not as comfortable. We have elected to shift to Lexus for styling, comfort and reliability.

Security
By Quatt

1998 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I owned this car for 2 years now and as I am speaking I don't know where it is now. It has been stolen 4 times now. If you live in a bad neighborhood, this is not the right car for you. Even a baby can steal this car. Other than that everything else is superb with this car. Fun to drive but starts shaking once you hit 80.

Seat and wheel warmer for the winter days. I love the interior design.

Better security please..

Perfecto
By BFOSTER89

1998 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I own a 1998 Audi A6 Quattro wagon with 250,000 miles and I trust this car to take me anywhere I traded my much loved 98 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer for it I get great gas mileage and it's very comfortable I recently drove it from Mich to Va on a tank of gas I would recommend this car to anyone. I have never had to put this car in the shop.