Used 2016 Audi A3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi A3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Great car, but needs improvement
By Ashley W

2016 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus S Line 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I'm the biggest Audi fan - they're all I drive. When I bought this car I was so excited since it was beautiful and such a great deal. However, as sad as I am to admit it, the car has some major flaws. You wouldn't think there'd be blind spots in this car, but they're extremely dangerous. They designed the side mirrors to look sleek and sporty, but they're so small you can't see much at all. I had to purchase stick-on blind spot mirrors in order to be able to switch lanes. Anyone that drives my car has the same complaint. Also, the wipers don't go hardly fast enough in the rain. There's been times I've had to pull over because I couldn't see in a normal rainstorm. I never had this problem with my past Audis. Also, within the first year it broke down three times and had to go back to Audi to be fixed. The turbo leaked into the engine, a pipe started disintegrating, and a spark plug clogged - all within the first year. I leased the car so Audi fixed it for free but the fact that these many problems occurred when the car was brand new was extremely concerning. Otherwise the car does drive very well and gets decent mpg. I drive mostly highway to work each day and the mpg is from 30-33. The entertainment system and climate control are also great. Overall I sadly wouldn't recommend this car - which is heartbreaking because I love Audi so much.

Small Luxury at reasonable price
By Kee Fly

2016 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus S Line quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After having BMWs to Audis (I even did a brief stint in a honda accord, yuck) I found this to be the most likable. I loved my a4 and s4, but due to older age, needed something brand new, didn't want to sacrifice acceleration or comfort. The a3 is noticeably smaller than the a4 of today, same size as the a4 of previous generations. My wife and I fit up front perfectly and comfortably and my 100lb lab in the back. Plenty of trunk space. What attracts me is the fact that it still feels almost as fast as my b8 s4, with the fuel economy that doesn't hurt the wallet. Really the only downside is getting black, I was her a lot. I urge any and everyone to just take a test drive, Great commuter car, fantastic weekend car to the country with the wonderful panoramic sunroof. Skip the nav, your iPhone can do everything anyways. Do get an upgraded stereo. I have basic (audi concert) it sucks when i want to jam I have it turned almost 85-90. Get bose or B&O.

2016 Audi A3 Love Mine!
By LolaJade

2016 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was worried going from an A4 to an A3 but for the value I got for the price this car is perfect! Carlsbad Audi is awesome to work with.

A Goldilocks car: just right!
By smerdyakov

I was considering trading my 2014 S4 for a 2017 A4, but the annoying center display and contradictory options packages eliminated the A4. I then turned to the A3, which I had thought would be too small: I was wrong, at least for the way I use my car (mostly local driving, usually only with one passenger). I bought a 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus with the sport package, and it accelerates much better than I expected, nearly as well as my S4 did (being smaller and much lighter helps in that regard). As one expects of Audi, the fit and finish, inside and out, is excellent. As far as driving dynamics are concerned, it is very responsive and nimble, feeling much like my Porsche Boxster.
Given its smaller size, it may not suit those who have to carry a lot of cargo, or those who have to carry more than one passenger. It may also not be the best car for those who drive a lot of highway miles, due to its short wheelbase. Overall, however, I recommend it highly to those people looking for a sporty, high quality smaller car.

Pre-lease Test Drive
By Tony Rispoli

2016 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great car. Waiting to see what 2017 has to offer as their standard.