Used 2006 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

By far, the most amazing car I have ever owned.
By Bonnie

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally leased my Acura in February of 2006 and decided to purchase it when the lease ended. It is now almost 13 years later and I've decided to sell it. This car is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I only wish they still made them but the new Acuras are too expensive and get lousy gas mileage. People still ask me about my "new car". I have just recently put it up for sale and someone approached me today and was blown away at the perfect condition it is in. The interior looks like a brand new car. The paint has chipped in a few spots, unlike other cars I have owned. The road noise is a problem, but I put some Hankook tires on it and it is not as noisy. The only other issue is there are bad blind spots with the hatchback design. So far I have had a new oem condenser fan, replaced the CV boots, replaced the power steering pump and left lower control arm and bushings. Just the other day, the air conditioner finally died, (this is California and we use it every day) so I replaced the A/C, serpentine belt and tensioner. Other than regular maintenance, that's it, after 13 years. If you close your eyes you would never know this is not a new car by the way it drives. At over 163,000 miles it is still worth $8,000! I'm asking $7,000 and may not get it, but this car is worth every penny. Do not hesitate to purchase this car. Look for one who is the original owner and who has service records.

I don't know what I will do when it ....
By Happy with RSX

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

comes time to replace this car. I really like this car, and they just do not make them any more!

my acura rsx 2006
By Ariana

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car its my first car gets around well needs window tint kinda wish I got the type s so could learn how to drive a manual system but it works great its small just right for a sports car I wanna modify it soon it may be an older car but its also my first but the car was worth it its great on gas and never has any problems for me.

No more acuras/hondas for me
By dan

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used only to have problems with it since the day i bought it. First when i got my first tire rotation the stud broke it wasn't a big deal then water kept getting into my tail light and the dealer said it had a bad seal. After that the struts went bad. Then finally around 40,000 miles the motor had a catastrophic failure. A rod bent causing two 3" holes in the block and basically they said it needed a new motor which would cost 10,000 dollars to install. And since the dealer could not find what caused it they said the warranty would not cover it. So i just simply let them have the car back bc i wasn't paying for a piece of junk car.

Nice Look

Better warranty

This is no Honda Civic
By Scotty

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I was pleasantly surprised by the cars handling and performance. It's a 5 speed Tiptronic automatic with a 2.0 L4 Vtec engine. The car also handles great and easy to make lane changes. Since the car is pretty light, it doesn't need a huge displacement engine to make it go fast, although a turbo would be nice aftermarket upgrade for those who had the type-s model. I don't usually like 4 cylinder engines, but this one is quite a bit larger than most (Most are 1.6 L). It's also quite a bit torquey for one as well (can get it to squeal on brisk acceleration). The '05/'06 Models have the upgraded lighting and wheels which give it more of a luxurious look then previous years.

05-06 models have much better looking rear and front headlight assemblies. Internal Annetta. Leather Sport Seats. Sport Shift mode, ability to easily remove stock radio. Hatch and cargo space, very generous headroom. Perceived reliability, luxury name plate, and no tuneups for 100k miles.

The stock radio (non-bose)system is a joke. I'm not a radio aficionado or anything, but it's very dry sounding for such a sporty looking car. Car would of been much more powerful if they dropped in a 2.4L 4 banger instead of the 2. Fortunately both trims still get V-tech. Bad blind spot.